Hysteresis' Mantis Stream - 2019

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my smaller spinys have still been living in 4oz cups. It's been convenient, but unnecessary, and risky. This is how close one came while molting.

I had just fed flies to the spinys then when I came back I saw this. I monitored the whole event just in case.

20190406_025621.jpg

I did intervene, but it would have juuust cleared the pad anyway.

20190406_030439.jpg

This is how my flock is living these days. No more small cups for anyone anymore.

The paper in the middle is screening off the trunc and the mega, otherwise the trunc just poses at the mega all day.

Maybe it is time for more babies, as mine are growing up? LoL

20190406_145539.jpg

Look at her butt. :D

20190406_145807.jpg

And the Gongy with his plate-and-rag for humidity.

20190406_145827.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful mantids and setup! I use the same containers with the blue lids. They are perfect for an upgrade from a 32oz!

- MantisGirl13

Loving the display rack! I should have mine done shortly, just have to move somethings around so I have room  :D . Can I ask where you get the containers with blue lids from? I been looking for something that size but everything is either in a variety pack or not the right size. 

@hysteresis thank you, no luck at my local dollar store, guess I am going to have to go to some other ones and see what they got. 

Some news...

Put the mega in the nano tall. She flippin' needs it! 🤣  A molt ro adult is in the works. Maybe a week away. I dont know, but thats nano tall is the only appropriate enclosure (that I have) for this.

Put my lovely Noël the adult golden back into a blue lidded tub. She doesnt need all that room rn. I know, controversial. She needs bigger to unload her barren ooths. Ill fix her up in a terrarium that needs a good meshed lid. (Lola's old aquarium)

And... exciting!  Four i4/i5 orchid nymphs are en route! Two males, two females!

Thanks @Beramoss! ❤

Yeh, we'll see how this goes. 

Noël you have to be deliberate with when you handle her, and plan every move. It goes okay if I plan like tactcal police. 🤣

If I just go in trying different things loosely, she seems to take more insult and retaliates.

She eats like crazy, yes. LoL.