Hysteresis' Mantis Stream - 2019

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gratz on jakes molt.
Thank you. 😄

I know I said i'd wait for Susannah to post pics, but Jake is really pretty.

Sorry for the lousy cropping. He was munching on a piece of wax worm.

20190112_161842~01.jpg

20190112_161943~02.jpg

20190112_163134~01.jpg

I hope Susanna molts soon! The patterns on them are beautiful, I agree!

- MantisGirl13

I just had a L4 male orchid die who refused to molt. I think he had internal problems, because he had frass stuck to his abdomen for weeks that wouldn't come off, and he wouldn't eat or molt. No amount of honey water or assistance on my part convinced him to do either and I lost him 😢

I hope Susannah is just on her own molting schedule and not experiencing any health issues. Is she otherwise doing well? 

I hope Susannah is just on her own molting schedule and not experiencing any health issues. Is she otherwise doing well? 
Thank you. Yes, she eats fine.

I filled her up a couple days ago. Now her abdomen has flattened right down.

The other mios dont fast for very long prior to molting. I'll offer her some waxworm tonight. My guess is she'll take it no problem. 🙄

Or, maybe she'll molt today. LoL. I dunno.

I am glad she is eating! That is a good sign. I hope she molts soon! How is everyone else doing?

- MantisGirl13

How is everyone else doing?

- MantisGirl13
Hope, I dunno. She looks depressed between feedings. She's still a voracious eater (good sign) and the black she had on her rear tarsus hasn't spread but it did finally fall off. That leaves her with tarsi only on her middle legs.

Hopefully she is indeed presub. I cant imagine shell regrow enough tarsi in one molt. She definitely won't regrow enough to replace the lost raptorial tibia in one molt.

Im thinking ill rig her up to molt, maybe this weekend. Its been a month.

If she falls, that's it. 😔

The others are fantastic!

Noteworthy: M. caffra #1 AKA Jake was perched up top of his deli cup. I threw in a quarter pin.

He scooted right down and scooped it up within 30 secs. Neither my rhombos nor Noël, our xmas golden, seem as prey agressive as Jake.

If all goes well, ill be unboxing my new arrivals tomorrow. 

👊😁

Last edited by a moderator: