Identification Malaysia february 2012

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already though about that... But if she just molded... she still not mature and she still not emit any pheromones. And we will be back before she'll be ready to be mate

On the other way... I don't think she just mold as the color and appearance of the wings don't change...
Maybe you could ask the natives for a male version of her and they can take you and show you where they found them.

Great!

I would also recommend the idea to put the adult female in a net cage or something similar and place her in the area where she was found. Just check the cage every morning at sunrise. You'll probably find some fitting males attached to the cage surface. Make sure the cage is safe against predators such as mice, and - even more important - save against ants! To make it ant-proof, place the cage on a tray filled with water! You won't believe how dangerous ants can be for a trapped mantis in the wild!

Best luck!

we try but even if they find a "lot" of them... it's not easy to find them... I think the probability to find a specific male is weak... Then we have to mate them and it's a very "shy" species... We have to "hide us" as they don't feel comfortable when we observe them...

I wouldn't be sure. Thought the same once, but there are alway ant species that are smaller than the smalles holes! Ok, the small ants usually only eat dead things, but better take no risk!

:tt2: French humor

so can I send the dozen of ooths for each 6 species to you brancsikia339 ? :stuart:

I'll be happy to see even one infertile or empty ooth

Glad to hear you have a great journey Malik. Sorry I couldn't be more help I wish i have given you a Malay dictionary so you can communicate better with the aboriginal people, but hopefully my suggestion on bringing along mantis pictures help. Same as you I will also be like a kid in candy shop with all the available mantis. Just enjoy the rest of your trip and have fun, don't stress up looking for more mantis. If you could stay till May-June I am pretty sure Orang Asli can find you any type of durians you like :)

I prefer Belgium milk chocolate shop ;)

My pain to not eating belgium chocolate is compensated by these "BAGOUS" mantids...

So the sixth species... Male I think (S6-A)

DSC_8886.jpg

DSC_8893.jpg

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer Belgium milk chocolate shop ;)

My pain to not eating belgium chocolate is compensated by these "BAGOUS" mantids...

So the sixth species... Male I think (S6-A)

DSC_8886.jpg

DSC_8893.jpg

:)
Hmmm. He looks like a she.

Latest posts