Idolo Ooth from Villosa

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What he's saying is that it's a real ooth, surgically cut in half with the 'core' of eggs removed. Right?
The ooth may of hatched or may not be fertile, but it will have eggs and as Rick said and I have said before, candleing an ooth is not like candleing an egg, an egg that is fertile will have a spider looking lines running around it, an ooth will not. Plus you have not had it long enough for it to hatch.

[SIZE=14pt]Yes @ 1st I was thinking that kamakiri, but after I cut it 6 times 6 slices all without any eggs in the core, but with the same line runing through each and every slice. Also I know if you a rep or brid eggs up you will see the veins and later you can see a babys shape takeing place, but like I keep saying is holding this Ooth up to a desk light not our light for candleing our rep eggs I could see right throught it there wasn't anything in there all there was was foam through and through foam. [/SIZE]

Now why cant you all belive this that its all just foam <_< .

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]I really don't know. I was thinking he thought it was just insulation foam made to look like an ooth.

[SIZE=14pt]Now I am thinking it is "Insulation foam" only after I cut it open, and as I have worked with insulation foam befor and if any of you have you can use a paint or rust stripper to shape it into things we did head stones once, you can also shape it to be flat like your walls, so think if you have done anything with if you haven't worked with it then I cant help you there.[/SIZE]

Perhaps someone on this forum has access to a gas chromatograph mass spectrometer and can determine once and for all what the heck that ooth-looking thing is made of. The way i see it here are the obvious choices:

1. insulation foam

2. meringue

3. a scalded packing peanut

4. a turd

5. burnt and sanded craft styrofoam.

6. real ooth now destroyed due to being cut into 6 pieces

7. real eggless ooth

8. freeze dried marshmallow

My vote goes to 3. Anyways, it would be nice to know if it were actually an elaborate hoax complete with fake oothecae or just a weird, eggless ooth.

Aye, if there is doubt about the ootheca, it might be best to come to some sort of conclusion. If someone proficient could take a look at it, or maybe do some testing, the results should be well worth the trouble.

[SIZE=14pt]Ok I got the pics, also I did a small test to see what it is made of now Phil may like this. I got out a lighter and very small peace of a peace and and lite it on fire for a sec then "now are siting down right" it smelt like melting plastic so it is man made, oh and I did the same to a small peace of hatched Chinese mantis Ooth and it wasn't a plastic smell idk what the smell was I'll think on it. So it a fake in my book; the smell of plastic, seeing throught the ooth wil a light, the line all the way around it, and then the inside. Now here you go look :D .[/SIZE]

Now how about that

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy S***!! :lol:

Indeed a fake ooth! I have never seen something like this before. Who sold this ooth? Did it come directly from Africa or via some European country?

That I got to see stuff like this in my old days...

Holy S***!! :lol: Indeed a fake ooth! I have never seen something like this before. Who sold this ooth? Did it come directly from Africa or via some European country?

That I got to see stuff like this in my old days...
[SIZE=14pt]You see I wasnt just be a well but the kicker was the burning of the little pease ;) , Hibiscusmile & I got it for Villosa who said he gets them from his guy in Tanzania, but who know who made them I dont.[/SIZE]

Hibiscusmile I would go look @ yours again the tops look just like mine try the desk light befor anything eles ;) .

Wow! You were absolutley right. They are fake. No eggs or even any trace of the chamber they sit in. I'm so sorry! :(

[SIZE=14pt]You see I wasnt just be a well but the kicker was the burning of the little pease ;) , Hibiscusmile & I got it for Villosa who said he gets them from his guy in Tanzania, but who know who made them I dont.[/SIZE]Hibiscusmile I would go look @ yours again the tops look just like mine try the desk light befor anything eles ;) .
Wow. Unreal. I see what you mean now! Didn't others buy these?

I guess the person who sold this to you needs to drop his sellers or dealers he is dealing from and try to make new contacts with more reputable sellers and dealers then or do some other line of work like flipping burgers or something! Or go find the guy in Tanzania and tell him hes a fraud and a charlatin and needs to get a new hobby or a life and stop ripping people off and almost as bad as the 419 nigeria or dakar,senegal schemes done via email!

low life con artists like that guy in Tanzania and people need to stop dealing with people from Tanzania and find a different species to work with that is from more well known breeders and or sellers who know what their doing and who wont try to cheat people out of money but if people like Arkblue are gullable or stupid enough to at first pay people from places like that for ooths then they probably deserve what their getting in a sense but I may be wrong or little cruel but this is not a fair world we live in and for what its worth just take the good and the bad and maybe the ugly every now and then to learn what mistakes are made and how not to repeat them in the future!

Omg... I can't believe someone would stoop so low! I couldn't imagine someone making a "fake" ooth... but now from the pics I believe!
Well, it's even worse: now, in hindsight, after looking at the ooths you have bought, those seem to be artificial, too. I can help myself but LOL!! Sorry for the money that you all lost, this is not funny, but the idea as such is so mind-boggling that I still laugh all the time. It is interesting what people learn to do to scam other people.

As a side effect, I hope that senseless imports of WC Idolo ooths will somewhat diminish now.

By the way, it isn't clear yet if the Tanzanians or Villosa faked the ooths!

I would say maybe half or all of them could be faked perhaps

I would just avoid the entire country of Africa for the case of that species but wonder if the other species taken from africa would also be faked?

Would be interesting if there could be a piece of paper saying how authentic the ooth is or something like when you purchase maybe coins or something and you get a certificate of authenticity. So in knowing that it is in fact the real deal and not some cheap imitation made by some two bit hoodlums trying to scam people so they can have the nicest clothes and the biggest house and the most expensive cars or watches!

No way... this is just riddiculous...

What the buck is going on here? I know that lately this forum has been pestered by a bunch of scammers, but this one takes the cake...

Latest posts