Idolo Ooth from Villosa

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, bugger it. :angry: Well, someone was bound to do that eventually, as there is quite a lot of money to be had with some species.

Wonder how long this has been going on without people noticing it.

This is just another lesson for those who want to pay less, instead of dealing with renowned breeders - who charge more, but who don't do you in the backseat of a Volkswagen.

true but not everyone has that kind of money to buy those kind of ooths sadly and not alot of people want to spend alot of money on something that could be a dud or having a mantis being dead on arrival!

Oh no, this is not true. Everyone should be able to afford them if establishing an own stock was the only purpose. That you are not allowed to breed this species over there is not the fault of the breeders here. But the problem is that most persons involved want more than they actually need, in order to sell the surplus ooths for more than one has spent buying them. This may be ok with Chinese mantids, but not with a species which is already overexploited. So, sorry if my sense of pity isn't much expressed here.

well as my mom says some people are in it only because they want to see how much money they can make off of the ooth or mantis that average joe is buying and since its not regulated and so people can charge way more then what it should be worth!

I am in it just for the fun and experience in learning but not really in it for the desire to make a quick buck off someone elses expense!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

In his offer, Villosa wrote that the ooth are "checked for parasites and quality". So he is a scammer. Point.

Wait a minute.. Why?

The quality of the stuff is undisputably rather high, otherwise they would not have gone unrecognized for so long. And, of course, they're free of parasites! :lol: Noone has asked if they're also free of eggs, so why complaining now? :lol:

I take my hat off to the person that actully thought to make fake idolo ooths! Absolutley brilliant! He probally made close to 1,000 dollars selling foam. :eek: I do feel sorry all those who lost there money. :( Well just another reason not to buy from people with questionable feedback.

He should have enough for pens and books now... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
but then again he prob dont care bout what kind of feedback he gets as their are those who dont care one way or another on what kind of feedback they get as long as they get paid!

Wow..

...just....

...wow..

Wellp, seems like this Villosa guy isn't responding at all with all this hullabaloo yet,

and to me, it's just so obvious that he IS a scammer, and probably not the Tanzanian sellers.

I'm sure we will see him on the forum again, although we will not know that it's him because perhaps he will have a new name.

But still, the fact that he said 'checked for quality and parasites...' wow.. I haven't really witnessed a real scam like this before.

Maybe he is trying to find a way to make fake eggs and insert them in the fake foam right now.

Now THAT, I would be impressed by.

there is no possible way to make fake mantis eggs or anything like that its one thing to fake a ooth but its impossible to make something to look like eggs in a fake ooth since a real ooth has chambers and all that!

I know I'm not gonna get any love for saying this, but I don't care.

If Villosa indeed scammed all those people, then I wonder who is to blame - the gullible users of this community, or the lenient mods. I got warned not to do deals with that user over a year ago, from several members, and I listened. Despite all those signs people still bought from this user, and the account was still active - and now lookey here, what a nice mess we got.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I think it's time to start thinking a bit more before making a purchase, or allowing someone to "make amends", because it's obviously not working.

If I were you, I'd stick to buying from people that are trustworthy, not those who appeal to my stinginess. And as for mods - rather than giving warning points and banning for harmless innuendos, try to be a bit more decisive about alleged scammers, cuz from what I've seen, they don't take you too seriously.

Yeah, I don't wanna give any one ideas...but..

791402595_30297de209.jpg

Latest posts