LAME's Collection Thread.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I still haven't shot any photos yet.. I should really get to doing that lol.

Been busy lately, I'm in the middle of trying to move so I maaaaaay have already packed up the Canon and the smartphone cam I was using.

If anything I'll shoot a few off my droid, not the best... But something atleast.

Sidenote - I've shipped all of my crew out to fellow members, aside from a few ghosts and the idolomantises.
Well I hope your move goes quickly and as painlessly as possible. I hate moving as it is such a back-breaking ordeal, and things often get misplaced and sometimes lost from it all too. Sure any photo works, of course if not I understand why you can't. :)

06.04.16:

Currently in tthe middle of moving, but wanted to come in and drop an update on the crew. Before packing I offloaded 90% of what I was keeping an now only keeping a few species, those few being idolos,ghosts, and a giant shield mantis (finally got one!)

All my idolos have breached L4.

20160601_124841_zps44rqnobv.jpg
Ghosts are ranging from L3-L5.

Giant shield is still at L1.

06.12.15:

Popping in to inform the community that we all made the move. I had 2 of the idolos molt up to L5. 

Ruin:
WP_20160324_006_zps2lm0ofab.jpg

Un-Named:
WP_20160324_007_zpszebpe2tg.jpg

However we did have a loss, not even to the move. The last remaing giant shield i had died for no reason, never even molted passed L1... 

06.26.16:

All the remaining idols have molted successfully to L5s. I took the opportunity to sex them all to see what I had a few days back, to my surprise I actually have two pairs...

Maybe this time around I can attempt to breed the Idolomantis diabolica myself, rather than play as " The man in the middle..."

Currently I'm keeping the girls a little hotter and fatter than the boys to speed them up a tad bit, as the females have an extra molt... I need to get at least one of the females to molt once ahead of the 2 males. Ideally....

-----

Still have a pair of the ghosts, however my males a bit older than the female, so I may have screwed up on that one... I'll be considering a breeders loan on either of the two so i can get those back in action over my way. 

Any trusted members of the forum are welcome to pm me about the ghosts.

06.26.16:

All the remaining idols have molted successfully to L5s. I took the opportunity to sex them all to see what I had a few days back, to my surprise I actually have two pairs...

Maybe this time around I can attempt to breed the Idolomantis diabolica myself, rather than play as " The man in the middle..."

Currently I'm keeping the girls a little hotter and fatter than the boys to speed them up a tad bit, as the females have an extra molt... I need to get at least one of the females to molt once ahead of the 2 males. Ideally....

-----

Still have a pair of the ghosts, however my males a bit older than the female, so I may have screwed up on that one... I'll be considering a breeders loan on either of the two so i can get those back in action over my way. 

Any trusted members of the forum are welcome to pm me about the ghosts.
Congrats on getting the remaining idols to L5! I am rooting for you! :)

Lame you're a rock star! You really sped up the Idolos , mine are still L4! No luck on the ooth!

Love to read your updates... do you still have the Stagmos?

Lame you're a rock star! You really sped up the Idolos , mine are still L4! No luck on the ooth!

Love to read your updates... do you still have the Stagmos?
A real disappointment on that ooth, but a few others plus myself are really aiming for breeding. So hopefully SOMETHING good will happen within the our circle of keepers.

Unfortunately most of my little stags didn't make it through. Most the L1 guys just randomly died ( Which happens being that young....) and another mismolted after the move.

I lost my giant shield (L1) also to random death, which was a disappointment. .. I've been eyeing those shields for sometime now.

@Kermit: hey did you ever figure out your idols genders by chance? They should be sexable by now (L4/5 seems easier to tell) if not you can email any photos to me if you need the help.

06.12.15:

Popping in to inform the community that we all made the move. I had 2 of the idolos molt up to L5. 

Ruin:

Un-Named:

However we did have a loss, not even to the move. The last remaing giant shield i had died for no reason, never even molted passed L1... 
Beautiful!! Sorry about the shield man!! 

Dropping off some photos. :)  

20160623_120917_zpswborp0vb.jpg
20160708_004609_zpsxurhhv9o.jpg
And currently ( Now,1:27am)... my 2nd female Idolo is undergoing her molt to catch up with her sister, Ruin.

Both Idolo males still remain at L5. 

07.17.16:

Ruin molts to L7.
20160718_012941_zpsnwtv63eu.jpg

As of late I've been sticking the 10 gallon "Idolo-Friendly" build outside. Temps here have been around the high 80's to mid 90's, I've seen the temps in the tank itself raise up to 120 degrees out in the direct sun... putting them in a shaded area usually brings it to about 100/110 degrees which seems to be okay. So the girls get to enjoy the outside air while the boys remain grounded. (Poor guys...)

Unnamed female: Still L6, but will be jolting soon.

Unnamed male (#1): L6, molted about 4 days ago.

Unnamed male (#2): L6, molted 2 days back.

07.17.16:

Ruin molts to L7.
20160718_012941_zpsnwtv63eu.jpg

As of late I've been sticking the 10 gallon "Idolo-Friendly" build outside. Temps here have been around the high 80's to mid 90's, I've seen the temps in the tank itself raise up to 120 degrees out in the direct sun... putting them in a shaded area usually brings it to about 100/110 degrees which seems to be okay. So the girls get to enjoy the outside air while the boys remain grounded. (Poor guys...)

Unnamed female: Still L6, but will be jolting soon.

Unnamed male (#1): L6, molted about 4 days ago.

Unnamed male (#2): L6, molted 2 days back.
Ruin is really quite beautiful!

She's really pale :D  

... I don't know why but all the females I've had seen to end up like that. The males usually end up darkening a bit.
Don't know a lot about them, but thought I read somewhere that they get most of their color during the last molt, right?

Latest posts