Lets see the face behind the username!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same guy. -Asa is Asa because he lost his original password.
Aw, you remembered =P...there are actually two Asa's. However one of them is my father. He started this account and posted an awful lot two years ago. His real name is...undisclosed. My real name is Asa. I am 14, my dad is 43, he no longer visits here however. Maybe I'll get a pic of him to flash a semi balding head to you all =P. He'd kill me if he found out though xD...but no, no deception here. To make it more confusing though, I also have a grandfather and great grandfather named Asa.

Well dont post his pic, just yours, we dont need no beheading here, there is enough of that going on in this hobby as it is! :lol: hey wheres my new smilies? :blink:

:rolleyes:

Good to finally see you all! Here are a few of me (the last is of my fiance)

0603081705.jpg

photo0041.jpg

photo0027z.jpg

photo0023.jpg

l57f2c952d4ca6eb2809572.jpg

Ooooo!!! Check out this Kung Fu patch my friend gave me recently!

No... I'm not a martial artist... <_<

photo0014v.jpg

Hey, Kaddock.... good to see you too! :D Nice hair (and I do mean that!) ;)

Aw, you remembered =P...there are actually two Asa's. However one of them is my father. He started this account and posted an awful lot two years ago. His real name is...undisclosed. My real name is Asa. I am 14, my dad is 43, he no longer visits here however. Maybe I'll get a pic of him to flash a semi balding head to you all =P. He'd kill me if he found out though xD...but no, no deception here. To make it more confusing though, I also have a grandfather and great grandfather named Asa.
Oh no.... attack of the Asa's!!! :eek: :lol:

Ooh, so that explains it. Are you like Asa the 10th or something then?

You play an acoustic bass?!?! You strike me more as a metal man. Where's your axe! N you must be in a band if you play bass, right?

Oh I hope not, we are collecting Rebecca's on the forum now!!! :lol: ps no offence ment and none taken
Truthfully, I've been keeping this from you for some time, for obvious reasons, but I thought I'd come forth and say that my name is not James... it is Becky as well :lol:

I don't take pictures of myself, so this is the best I've got of me at christmas :lol:

3547088740_0411f089ba.jpg

I'll see if I can't get a friend to take some pictures of me when I skate, as I do not look like the above often ;)

and me in photographer mode:

3547101864_15546d4e7a.jpg

:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
n1350004085_30189149_7129383.jpg

So here's the long-awaited pic! I promised that I would not edit Mija's text, BUT:

I am Mija but my real name means "wisdom" and there are many names among Arab women with this meaning. My name for Phillip is based on the Greek cognate for the first part of his name, and our longtime family friendship, Hxxxxx* which means beloved elder relative but is also the name that prostitutes call to prospective Johns -"Hey, Hxxxxx" la! I do not consider it fard to cover the mouth, but I felt very shy when Phillip asked me for a picture. I owed him many favors - now I feel that we are equal again!

I enjoy your forum. I keep mantids and phasmids myself and am reading entomology. There is little literature in Arabic and the English scientific literature is mostly about anatomy and physiology, not ecology or husbandry. Phillip has sent me Orin’s book, and he recently ordered Christian’s book on the Chinese mantis, though it has not arrived yet. Thank you for allowing me to lurk on your forum, and may the Great Mantis Goddess bless you all!

* Our bargain did not include this! Phil.

Hello, Mija! :) I'm glad Phil persuaded you to allow your picture to be added here. You're very pretty and I love your scarf. You ought to join the forum! ;) I'm sure you would enjoy being a member here... and we don't bite. :p Glad to see you, and I hope you'll consider joining MantidForum! :)

Kaddock... I like the hair down. :D

Yeatzee, you look like a very clean-cut, respectable, good looking young man. :) Now why do feel there's something deceptive about that pic?!! :rolleyes: :p

Great to "see" you, Becky!!! You're beautiful! ;) And you and your boyfriend make such a cute couple. :)

Yeatzee, you look like a very clean-cut, respectable, good looking young man. :) Now why do feel there's something deceptive about that pic?!! :rolleyes: :p Great to "see" you, Becky!!! You're beautiful! ;) And you and your boyfriend make such a cute couple. :)
aw thanks :D

You're very much welcome... it's true! :D Just so long as people (when differentiating between us Beckys) don't start referring to you as "you know.... the young, good looking one!" As opposed to..... :huh: :angry: ... ;) :lol: !
hahaha i doubt that'll happen!

well what I meant by deceptive is that I fit the SoCal skater stereotype pretty good.... i.e. skinny jeans, big baggy T-shirt, a hat/beanie, and colorful shoes.......

:eek: ;) :lol: :p :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: