Lets see the face behind the username!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I havent posted here and missed a lot of fun... :angry: , only cause my avatar i s my pic, I am looking for another one with hubby, but havent found it yet. u guys are awesome, what a lot of as we say in the mantis world "species" boys and girls, men and women, fish and bunnies, what else could anyone want?

I think u all look great, the one where "I was suprised with this pic from my GF lol " looks like Paulie on American Chopper!

Rensallar your wife is georgeous! And ddvw, u guys are cute! and for Olga, u do look 15! dont let anyone tell u otherwise! Dinora, u look great, not at all like I pictured u! Idol, what can I say, u look the pic of youth and vigor, Lectric, u at work dont look like u! Phil, I am glad u pointed u out, I was afraid u were the child :lol: wuwu, looks great and so does Rick, a lot of old timers have pics on here from before, like Macrojunky. Rebecca u look great! silly not me, U! :lol: James, keep making that face and it will freeze like that! Jackson was that after the ditch or before? :p Chase lookin good! Giosan, u look nothin like u write! and how can u hold that thing? :blink: an last but not least, Nasty, nice butt! haha, can I say that on here?

Nice dresser, Nasty! Looks like u do a lot of highway riding there.

Nice pictures everyone!!This is my millipede and me :

540564192_5_R-rb.jpeg

I'm the on holding the millipede....... :unsure:

316645304_6_DoBw.jpeg

This is us being crazy as we are! I made Giorgio wear this so we kind of looked a like! :D

Hooray for looking silly :p

140055817_6_6zVp.jpeg

Slightly normal picture!
Very cute couple!

Me with the new wifey..
Couple21.jpg
Wow, that looks like something out of a magazine! You two are beautiful! Wait.. the "new wifey"? Like, you change wives like you change undies or what? "here's the new one and here's the one I'm getting this fall".

Last edited by a moderator:
Still calling me superfreak, lectric? the names olga. pleased to meet you, dave, lol! You look like a real cutie in your work photo. and i like the untucked shirt! I guess im going to have to change my avatar now! Sigh...
Ha... Olga it's a pleasure to meet you too though I can't promise that I'll never call you SuperFreak again. ;) Glad you liked the work photo and I'm glad to see you took my suggestion. Your new avatar picture is righteous. Again, your boyfriend is one lucky Kangaroo.

2867_1067493171461_1350004085_30180384_3453327_a.jpg
O.K. Folks, that's it!
Old Man On The Back Porch :lol:

That's it? I think not. This topic finally presents me the opportunity to ask of you a photo of this elusive lass named 'Mija.' You reference her so often I'm sure a lot of people are wondering who she is (obviously to a lesser extent than I) ;)

We want a post! We want a post! We want a post! Mija! Mija! Mija!

That's if she doesn't mind, of course.

You're a handsome young man, Asa! :)

Old Man On The Back Porch :lol: That's it? I think not. This topic finally presents me the opportunity to ask of you a photo of this elusive lass named 'Mija.' You reference her so often I'm sure a lot of people are wondering who she is (obviously to a lesser extent than I) ;)

Yes, I want to know too! She's obviously a member here, but there's no one by that username... and she never posts! You told me when I asked, that "Mija is 'far, far away' and has an Important Dad, so is Very Cautious, (don't blame her!)." Mija... please make yourself known! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that's Asa's real picture. I remember him saying a long time ago that he's old. I don't remember the age, but maybe in the 40's?

Yes, I want to know too! She's obviously a member here, but there's no one by that username... and she never posts! You told me when I asked, that "Mija is 'far, far away' and has an Important Dad, so is Very Cautious, (don't blame her!)." Mija... please make yourself known! :)
QUOTE (jameslongo @ May 15 2009, 12:43 AM)

Old Man On The Back Porch

That's it? I think not. This topic finally presents me the opportunity to ask of you a photo of this elusive lass named 'Mija.' You reference her so often I'm sure a lot of people are wondering who she is (obviously to a lesser extent than I)

You guys are killing me! Do you think that those pix of Sunny came free? On Monday, 0630, I was summoned to find "FouFou" who had disappeared. After an hour's searching, we found him, under her mom's bed. On Wednesday, the gas water heater had to be relit. It turned out that the AC Co had turned off the gas when they installed a new AC unit. Today I was lured over by some story about making shrimp fried rice, a subterfuge to make me watch 3 hours of info on Sims 3 (coming out on 060209, please come soon!). And now you want to see a pic of Mija?

O.K. I have no idea of whether or not she will consent or the price she will exact, but I'll ask.

Also, if I do get an "authorized pic," it will be Email. Do you computer whizzes know how to transfer an Email pic to the forum without my having to transfer it to Picasa, Face Book and finally, here, bleeding pixels all the way?

Perhaps you can answer that first, then I'll try to get a pic (good news is that she's really very cute)!

Oh, and no, she is not a forum member but lurks, and I link her to Interesting Topics.

Mija = short for 'my sister'?
Very close! It's a contraction of "mi hija," my daughter. It is used throughout the Latin American countries (but not Spain) and is a term of affection for any younger female relative and by extension to other girls and young women. A boy would be called "mijo." It is interesting that in English, we might refer to a young man to whom we are not related as "son," but we would never call a young woman "daughter."

Very close! It's a contraction of "mi hija," my daughter. It is used throughout the Latin American countries (but not Spain) and is a term of affection for any younger female relative and by extension to other girls and young women. A boy would be called "mijo." It is interesting that in English, we might refer to a young man to whom we are not related as "son," but we would never call a young woman "daughter."
:lol: I'm so embarrassed! I *should* know better...