Look Ma, no hands

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw, it's so good of you to take care of the little guy.

And thank you so much for sharing the "dinner table" idea! I've got an L2 Deroplatys Lobata who's raptoral arms got a little twisted up in his last molt. I'm fairly sure he'll come out better next time he molts, so I've been handing him meal worms, but it's sort of a pain because he keeps dropping them. I bet things will be a lot easier for both of us if I give him a little table to rest his food on. XD

I am not going to freeze him, he is precious, I would give to you if you need him, but he is also ok here with me. I have been talking to him and he is learning that when I come by, he is going to eat, I must look like a big fly :lol: I found out that if I spray to close to him , that he wants to wipe his little head, and of course he cannot, so tongith I took a napkin and let him rub his head on it. too cute :lol:
I see you are becoming the mantis whisperer.I have a question how do i train my ghost to fetch? :clown:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went in the other night to get something, turned on the lights and he was on top of his plant ! He climbs up there to sleep, it must be instinct that makes them go somewhere high at night.

MVC-468F.jpg

He was being bad today, I caught him lurking on the orchid mantis houses, I could tell he was causing trouble, as the way he was peering in at her, she screamed at the top of her lungs yelling " peeping tom" :lol:

The raised surface feeding method will work fine. I had to do that after Jasper mismolted, almost completely disfigured but I tried to keep her alive. I just can't bring myself to put a creature out if I had raised it for so long.

Right now I kinda have to do something like this for Angus. Her forearms are slowly degenerating and she is getting old. She at first was stubborn about eating but has learned to eat much better. She can grab food but she cannot catch anything and she doesn't keep a grip that well.

Little Heat is such a caracter, I suddenly have a female adult mated budwing who also lost her arms, hummm, wonder if they were in a car accident? :blink:

MVC-469F.jpg

here they are sitting on the blankie together, but I put her in her own little house so she can have a place to lay her ooths, and today, he was on her house and noticed her, he has been here looking at her for hours, with his eyeballs stuck to the plastic and won't move. :lol:

MVC-470F.jpg
Is that funny or what? :lol:

I was feeding them tonight (btw) if that photo don't make you laugh, go have yourself checked by a doctor! feeding them tonight, I noticed little heat will look for his worm if dropped and even stay down eating it, the budwing, won't. I have to stand there with her.... while he is so cute, I never thought they would snoop around for the food, but he has learned to do it. stinkin babies! :tt2:

So adorable I can't believe I didn't see this thread sooner. I love the picture of him peeping in the enclosure.

I'm glad you kept him but of course you would already know that would be my vote. Even though the injured ones can be a bit more work they sure make up for it. I would never trade the time I had with my little special needs girl Hocus Pocus.