Look Ma, no hands

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw poor little guy. I think if it were me I would hand feed him. I know if I was him I wouldnt want to face the freezer. There is one more choice however.... WE CAN REBUILD HIM! 6 million dollar mantis anyone?

Thanks guys, she only laid one and it has not hatched so maybe she did not mate, had a male with her, but she always gave him that " I SEE YOU " look :lol: so he may of stayed away! haha, she was a hoot!

Sad to her of her passing. It is always different with those mantids who need our special care. But at least you could keep her alive for some weeks (or months) after she lost her arms.

yea, she actually molted to adult when I found her with no arms, so she lived about 3 weeks as sub adult and then a couple months as adult, she just couldn't lay another ooth, she only had one and that is why I think she went when she did, as she got so heavy it was hard for her to get around, hummm, who is making a hoverround for cripled mantis? :unsure:

This was such a sweet story. Even though I am new here, I can tell that we are going to very alike; I am so attached to my girl even though it has only been a month that I have a feeling that I would do the same thing. Thanks so much for sharing your story.

Aww, I miss she passed. She was such a delightful little girl and it feels my heart with warmth whenever I think of her story. I still love that one photo of her peering so intently in the cage.

This is my first time seeing this story...and it needs to resurface a little...as a screenwriter, I believe this whole story of you and Heat would make a great film. A touching film. This is the most heartbreaking story I've read about a mantis. Those pictures of Heat are adorable! Especially the one of her looking into the other cage.

i think every year we r gonna have a miraculous story

last year was this, once we had a ghost mantis eating even though it was half eaten, now it's the washing machine mantis

next thing u know someone is gonna cut down a tree with a mantis on it and throw it in a woodchipper and save a mutilated thing or somethin, what's next? we will soon find out :D

Latest posts