Mantisplace Vs. Mantispets?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of them died, the one chewing the tissue didn't live long, but I was able to give her water and food before she passed, and that made me glad, but I knew she was dying, as when they go that long, and then get food, it helps to kill them, but knowing that I still had to feed her.

Hmm I might get my mantises at Mantis Place from now on. Thanks for the replies! Hibiscusmile = Rebecca = Owner of Mantis Place. Correct? I might have to check out Idolos. There has been much talk about them!

I would go with mantis place! Carey is nice and has good deals on her site and all, but I'd feel safer going with mantis place and more reassured that my mantids would be healthy, but I'm in Canada :'( so I can't buy mantids from her only ooths.

Hope I helped,

Cole

Just so you know, I posted in the Bugatorium about the new site being the old site an the old site the new site, oh bother! there's two now to click on! www.mantisplace.com and www.mantidpets.com

I have a hard enough time with my stupid soft heart keeping the mantis in a cage, I wanted birds all my life, but I cannot justify wanting it and them being made to fly while I keep them penned up, just can't do it. I go outside and feed them and listen to their songs and it fills me with calm.
If you have a big cage I think it is fine for them. Not those small cages people keep them as pets. Sorry that you have so much trouble. :eek: Do you have Orchid Mantises now? Is that your second favorite mantis?
Just so you know, I posted in the Bugatorium about the new site being the old site an the old site the new site, oh bother! there's two now to click on! www.mantisplace.com and www.mantidpets.com
Haha those sites look high tech! It looks good! Mantidpets.com sounds too similar to Mantispets.com. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I should make my own website just for mantis and forget the other things? You can get the rest from Rebecca, my prices would be down to earth since I would breed all my own? Sound good yeah or Na? I'm almost joking but not really? :p

Haha, Well maybe? But I have a knack with all mantis, I could breed your best stock for instance and give you a kick back, when they breed and sell...? Call me stupid. :)

But, I will most likely just buy them, and do it the old fashion way, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like mantis pets.

havent tried mantis place.

but every experience ive had with mantis pets has been a positive one.

love both sites though!

p.s. anyone have a cryptic mantis?

I wanted to buy something from mantis place but they were out of stock :(

Hopefully they have it soon.

I like mantis pets.

love both sites though!

I like mantis pets.

love both sites though!

I've been moving cryptics. Check the For Sale section

Mantispets is Carey, ever since she started her own website we see alot less or her here?
Actually, the reason you see so little of me on here has nothing to do with starting my own business. It has everything to do with trying to keep my nose clean, according to Peter's rules. I am just trying very hard not to step on anymore toes.

Gotta say, u guys are great! One reason my mantis are expensive is because this is my livelyhood now. In other words it is how I take care of us. And as you know this is a full time job, no day off, no sleeping in. I try to buy from the best breeders and I pay whatever they ask. Everything I offer is alwasy available as I do not purchase one of something, but I buy cases. Sometimes I am waiting on an order to come in, but usually it is here in stock, very rarely is anything out of stock! Customers do not want to wait, they want it now and I try very hard to make sure it is always on hand.

Carey has other income from what I see on her site as in reptiles or something & she just started that site a year ago I think more as a hobby then devoted to the mantis like most of us are. We are here everyday because this is where are interest lies!
I do the mantids full-time, Rebecca, thank you for asking.

My husband has completely taken over the reptiles and takes care of all that on his own, BECAUSE I devote so much time to the mantids.

And, at least 75% of my stock offered is species that I actually breed myself. I do offer to buy nymphs, at REASONABLE prices, from time-to-time, because, like everyone else, things do happen and occasionally, breeding may fail and/or I somehow lose a species, but I try my hardest to keep my lines going as much as I can on my own.