Mantisplace

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received the ooths I ordered from Rebecca Friday, extremely well packed, lots of room for hatchlings should it occur in transit, but well secured and packaged at the same time. She even threw in an extra Ooth of a different species for free!!!!

I was not happy with my first transaction with mantisplace. On 6/14 I placed an order for some mantid nymphs. Rebecca worked with me on some special circumstances which I appreciate. I received tracking info the next day (Monday). However the mantids were not actually shipped until Thurs of that week. I was informed of this after I inquired of the status since I had received tracking info on Monday. Unknown to me, my location is two day shipping even with express shipping from OH. I received the nymphs on Sat.

The weather was in the high 90's at the end of the week. All but one of the nymphs arrived dead. I believe this was mainly caused by the packing method. Don't get me wrong, the packing was very secure and safe from damages but not what I call proper packing for the summer time. The mantids were in small styrofoam cups with holes. These were placed inside a brown paper bag that was rolled closed. No air holes could be found. I believe this bag prevented any air flow. The bag was then wrapped tightly in newspaper which of course was in a box. I believe a cold pack is mandatory this time of year.

I contacted Rebecca about the issue and she said she would send out replacement nymphs the coming week. When the next Saturday rolled around I stil had not heard anything. I contacted Rebecca and she said that she wanted to wait until the next week to ship so the mantids would be ready. I have no problem with that however I believe I should have been informed since I was told they would have been shipping that week. Only after me contacting her did she let me know what was going on. I understand there might have been some personal issues involved which I understand to a point. Overall I think the communication was not very good throughout the whole transaction.

The replacement mantids were shipped priority which took three days. I received them yesterday and they both arrived dead. The package was packed the exact same way which I am convinced is the reason they didn't make it. No cold pack was used. Rebecca has offered me a refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...... bad experience for Rick! I got 4 orchid mantis from Rebecca, they are will packed and shipped in proper box. All 4 came in good shape, nice and fat. Thanks!

Though I was not pleased overall with my first experience I wanted to say that Rebecca has refunded my money. She even refunded for the one mantis that lived even though I wanted her to keep the money for that one plus the shipping. I believe my experience can partially be blamed on bad luck.

hibiscussmile is the best seller for anyone.very fast shipping and all mantids come as nymph well almost all sellers sell them as nymphs but very good prices and beutiful speacies. all mantises came alive and responds to all messages. she even throws in free mantis with express mail order. hibiscussmile is the best.i would preffer mantises from her. oh and she even shipps them with food in the container.A+++++++++++. will buy from again

Last edited by a moderator:
I only bought foam plugs and humidity foam (highly recommended) for my 32-ounce deli cups, since I already had plenty of little bugs. The quality of the products and the transaction were both great.

I bought 2 orchid males from her and they both arrived alive, which is amazing because i am in Canada, and they lasted the weekend in the post office.

I am happy with my recent purchase from MantisPlace, I had ordered Egyptians, Gambians, and Budwings and had plenty of extras :lol:

they all arrived alive and well, one of the egyptians had even molted in the container they were shipped in.

Got some fly pupa from Rebecca. Due to the heat they arrived mostly hatched but she did take all precautions for the heat. Item was received very fast too.

Did a trade with Rebecca, and the Rhombodera male she sent was robust, healthy, and very handsome! My girls are tickled pink. She also threw in an extra of a different species, which will hopefully go to use also. Packed very well, good communication, and quick service. I'm pleased with the transaction, and recommend Rebecca for finding what you need. ;) Thanks, Rebecca! :)

Becky Heacox

Picked up my parcel yesterday, after a trade with Rebecca. Brilliantly packed as usual with three ooths (I had expected one) HF pupae and a whole batch of BB pupae.

If you haven't used BBs yet, now is the time to try them, whether you get spikes or pupae. Put some of Yen's Pollen Powder in the enclosure and they can be more versatile than bees (smaller mantids will take them and they are large enough forthose that take bees) and a lot easier to catch!

I got this parcel by Priority in the same time it would have taken an Express delivery.

I've had several transactions with mantisplace since I've last posted. That should say enough to have me as a repeat customer! Consistent quality, packing, service...all reasons I keep buying from her. Plus she has a great sense of humor!

Latest posts