MIkael Kuo (Villosa) or Dana Kuo

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francisco

Reaction score
Hello ALl,

I was going to deal with Villosa (Michael Kuo). I was purchasing an African MAntid Ooth from Villosa, but I did not know he was Michael Kou, until I saw his paypal information.

So I asked him if he was Michael Kuo and I also asked if he was sure the Ooth was 100% fertile.

Well, He got offended and accused me to have wasted his time, and he was not going to sell me anything and until now he is ignoring my PMs.

Just a friendly WARNING make sure you ask for proof, when getting Ooth from this individual (Michael Kuo, aka Villosa). I had a previous bad experience with the Kou family, when I paid $155 dollars for some oothecae and never hatched. The oothecae was guaranteed to be fertile 100%. When contacted none of the emails where answered and I was ignored for almost a year. I am not a novice with Mantis, I consider myself an experience breeder some of the oldest members here know me, and can give reference if asked.

To anyone buying local ooth, please make sure you inquire about the breeder and his/her experience with mantis.

regards to all and keep enjoying the hobby!!!!

Francisco Torres

Last edited by a moderator:
Never can be understanding what's happened!

Just "practice what you have preached"

I do not see why someone would get upset when asked if fertile. Some people (not necessarily this person) would send an empy ooth and say .. well .. you asked for X species ooth and that is what you got.

If a person get's offended, I would worry about doing business with them, but that's me ... /shrug

Side note: I saw a Judge Judy episode where the person big for an cell phone on ebay and when they won they got a PICTURE of the cell phone for like 300$. The seller told Judge Judy ... read the description it says you are getting a pictue of the cell phone, not the phone. Well Judge Judy called her a scammer and made her repay the other party.

*I am NOT saying this seller is out to cheat anyone, just that there are some bad apples out there and covering your tush it always a good idea. ;-)

If you are going to accuse me of scamming anyone at least spell my name correctly. My name is Michael Kuo and I am related by blood to a scammer that hit the net years ago. I have since then started to correct problems from that by refunding parties that have taken losses. I've talked with Mr. Torres in the past and have heard of his problems. I then in turn refunded him money that was lost by him through my relative., which I guess to him was not enough. He claims I owe him more and has records of the conversation but I do not remember ever making that promise to him. I've traced through so many people that were scammed and paid them all back and I guess to some people that's not enough. If my name is tarnished over what someone else did then you all can be judge, jury, and executioner.

He has done nothing but wasted my time. I have never tried hiding who I was, I sign every pm, email with my name, Michael and my paypal has all THREE vital information Michael, Ting(my legal name), and Kuo (my last name). Never once has Mr. Torres ask me if it was 100% fertile and NO ONE CAN GUARANTEE that, I can only guarantee hatching...duh, and to do that I have to sell first and see if it hatches, if it doesn't I refund money...not too hard. I have shown proof of mating on my thread as a sign of good faith that this isn't some sort of dud. Mr. Torres is slow to respond to PM's and I gave payment info a long ago to him without any sort of response on his part until I said I can't hold the ooth for him forever. Then this accusation came, along with his combative attitude using multiple "???????" at the end of every question as if I would respond to sucha reckless and rude tone. Whether you want to believe anything is up to you guys on the forum. He seems to have more to his "name" then I do so I'll probably get the shorter end of it. I am not a seller, I am not a dealer, I am not a breeder, I am an entomology major who sells spares to fund projects. My pockets do not benefit from selling. I sell to further understand these animals unlike some who prefers the money. There is no reason for me to refund money to any of those who got scammed, yet I did anyway, because to not do so will only hurt the hobby as those who were scammed turn away from it.

That's all I have to say of the matter

Thank you for posting Villo ..... seems like a fair thing to me ... it is always nice to have both sides of a story. ;- )

I do not wish to add fuel to the fire, but I have dealt with Villosa recently. I spotted a posting of his where he offered fly pupa for sale. I did a quick check and found he had a good feedback from Mantida under "other breeders" section. I sent him a PM asking for price and availability. Villosa responded in less then 24 hrs and did NOT quote a price or ask for money! He was very up front about not having any left to sell. He did not attempt to scam or lie to get anything from me! While I have not sent him any money, his initial honesty does lead me to be willing to work with him in the future. He could have tried to rip me off but he didn't take advantage!

If you are going to accuse me of scamming anyone at least spell my name correctly. My name is Michael Kuo and I am related by blood to a scammer that hit the net years ago. I have since then started to correct problems from that by refunding parties that have taken losses. I've talked with Mr. Torres in the past and have heard of his problems. I then in turn refunded him money that was lost by him through my relative., which I guess to him was not enough. He claims I owe him more and has records of the conversation but I do not remember ever making that promise to him. I've traced through so many people that were scammed and paid them all back and I guess to some people that's not enough. If my name is tarnished over what someone else did then you all can be judge, jury, and executioner. He has done nothing but wasted my time. I have never tried hiding who I was, I sign every pm, email with my name, Michael and my paypal has all THREE vital information Michael, Ting(my legal name), and Kuo (my last name). Never once has Mr. Torres ask me if it was 100% fertile and NO ONE CAN GUARANTEE that, I can only guarantee hatching...duh, and to do that I have to sell first and see if it hatches, if it doesn't I refund money...not too hard. I have shown proof of mating on my thread as a sign of good faith that this isn't some sort of dud. Mr. Torres is slow to respond to PM's and I gave payment info a long ago to him without any sort of response on his part until I said I can't hold the ooth for him forever. Then this accusation came, along with his combative attitude using multiple "???????" at the end of every question as if I would respond to sucha reckless and rude tone. Whether you want to believe anything is up to you guys on the forum. He seems to have more to his "name" then I do so I'll probably get the shorter end of it. I am not a seller, I am not a dealer, I am not a breeder, I am an entomology major who sells spares to fund projects. My pockets do not benefit from selling. I sell to further understand these animals unlike some who prefers the money. There is no reason for me to refund money to any of those who got scammed, yet I did anyway, because to not do so will only hurt the hobby as those who were scammed turn away from it.

That's all I have to say of the matter
Mr Michael Kuo,

I apologize for mispelling your name. I PMed you 3 times after you told me that I was wasting your time and none of the PMs were answered, you just read them and disregarded them or are you going to be as slow as me to reply to PMs?. Now no need to exagerated on the interrogation signs, I only add 4 interrogation signs to that particular question here is a copy of the PM

{Quote} Hello Michael, ([email protected])

Didn't I got some ooth from your cousin or you like a year or so back?

I got them and never hatched and you were to send me the money at the end of summer.

remember????

How sure are you this ooth is fertile?

francisco T {Quote}

After this I got this PM from you

{Quote} I gave you back the money my cousin she took from you. Sorry but you waited this long to waste my time? Pictures of the mating can be seen in the thread if you even looked. Not looking to sell to you anymore if all you're just gonna waste my time. Again I am not Dana... {Quote}

After that none of my PMs were answered.

Michael {Quote}Then this accusation came, along with his combative attitude using multiple "???????" at the end of every question as if I would respond to sucha reckless and rude tone. {Quote}

I think that using a few more interrogation signs only helps to accentuate a question and not to show a reckless and rude tone as you stated.

{Quote} I have never tried hiding who I was. {Quote} I never said you were.

{Qoute} I sell to further understand these animals unlike some who prefers the money {Quote} I agree with you that is why you will only find very few post from me, selling mantids in the forum, as I would rather trade than sell.

I applaud the interest you have to be an Entomologist. In the future you can change the way this hobby is now, you can help to make it more open to hobbiest, without having to worry about being fined by the USDA as you all know mantis are illegal if they are not a stablished specie and permits are needed.

I also would like to advise you that if you are going to promise something, stick to your word, as this will help you through all your life, specially as a scientist. I will add a copy of our conversation, and as you said let the people in the forum be the judge, jury, and executioner.

I want to tell you that I don't hold anything against you and I will buy from you in the future simply because that will help you found some more of your projects.

{quote}

francisco says:

Do you also know Luis138?

MICHAEL says:

I know luis only by word of mouth through a relative

MICHAEL says:

luis138*

francisco says:

the person who sold me the 3 ooth right???

MICHAEL says:

I don't know the details to the business that was held, I only live here after moving back from AZ some months ago

MICHAEL says:

I've only heard stories

MICHAEL says:

and if something was done to you then I truly am sorry to hear that

MICHAEL says:

I don't exactly know who to believe these days

francisco says:

well yes something was done to me

MICHAEL says:

tell me about it

francisco says:

since I contact your relative and after telling me that she saw mating on the ootheace I decided to get them for a custumer of mine

francisco says:

and they never hatched

francisco says:

none of the 3

francisco says:

one I would guess is OK

francisco says:

but 3?

francisco says:

now after trying to contact your relative we ignored

francisco says:

and I ended up paying my custumer for the oothecae, or should I say the unfertile oothecae

francisco says:

and now ningizida is questioning my reputation

francisco says:

since he heard about the problem

francisco says:

from you

MICHAEL says:

and she didn't reimburse you in anyway?

francisco says:

If the problem you have is with Luis 138 why was mynmed involved???

francisco says:

Nope

francisco says:

nope to me or my custumer

MICHAEL says:

ok about the name being mentioned

MICHAEL says:

this ningizida mentioned out as a reference

MICHAEL says:

you*

MICHAEL says:

he said he traded with you already

MICHAEL says:

didn't he?

francisco says:

No trading or dealing with him

francisco says:

Ningizida only asked about my grantii

francisco says:

the price per grub and shipping details

MICHAEL says:

why would he lie to me then, it's so confusing, I then began questioning him cause I recognize that kuis garcia name he gave me

francisco says:

and now I know why since he is selling the same

MICHAEL says:

ok here's what I'll do

MICHAEL says:

how much was owed to you?

francisco says:

I paid over hundred dollars for the 3 ooth

francisco says:

I think 125

MICHAEL says:

I'll go ahead and give you $70 for the situation how about that?

MICHAEL says:

and explain to ningzida what happened before

MICHAEL says:

it's the best I can do

francisco says:

I remember now it was a total of 155 send to Dana Kuo

francisco says:

I think is very geerous of you

francisco says:

I guess that something is better than nothing

MICHAEL says:

i'm only trying to make things right with what I have

MICHAEL says:

school comes first, summer job comes later

MICHAEL says:

hahaha

francisco says:

I guess is fine since almost a year ago

francisco says:

from these situation

MICHAEL says:

but if what you tell me is true then it's the thing I should do, I don't want this to happen to people

francisco says:

But I would really like to get 100 dollars since it was 155 what I reinburse

MICHAEL says:

believe I would like to give you that much, but I am in the middle of summer session and funds are a bit low since I was gonna spend it for granti grubs

MICHAEL says:

if you want to wait I can promise I'll get you fully reimbursed late summer

MICHAEL says:

it's the best I can do

francisco says:

Ok

francisco says:

you can send me the 70 dollars through paypal and the rest late summer

MICHAEL says:

am I'm sorry for what happend

francisco says:

well I am sorry too,since it almost cost me a good custumer

francisco says:

and you know how hard it is to get a custumer that is willing to buy the exotics I have

MICHAEL says:

yes I understand

MICHAEL says:

where should I send payment to?

MICHAEL says:

give me a few days

francisco says:

send it to fjtorresvw@hotmail,com

francisco says:

hotmail.com*

francisco says:

ok

francisco says:

don't worry about the paypal fees I will cover that

MICHAEL says:

ok

MICHAEL says:

give me a few minutes I want to call my cousin about this

MICHAEL says:

get to the bottom of it

MICHAEL says:

this is unaccpetable

francisco says:

yes indeed

francisco says:

could you invete her into the conversation???

You cannot send a nudge to your contact because they're using a version of Messenger that does not support this feature.

MICHAEL says:

She said she is very sorry for what happened

She was in a bad time in her life and she hated everyone and even herself. She didn’t respect even herself and would much rather get back at the world than to deal with her unhappiness.

She said that selling these were easy since it was hard to tell if they hatched or not. She’s dead broke now with her parents back in AZ, we switched houses

MICHAEL says:

She says she never meant to hurt anyone and since then she has found religion (Buddhism) and has shed her past life for a newer one. She is too ashamed to even talk about this. She is very sorry and ashamed.

MICHAEL says:

I wrote this down just now really fast

MICHAEL says:

when I called and talked to her

MICHAEL says:

if you want my opinion, she is overall a good person, misguided yes

MICHAEL says:

but a good person nonetheless

MICHAEL says:

I will definately make this right to you francisco

MICHAEL says:

and clean up this mess

francisco says:

well I do thank you

francisco says:

for making it right

MICHAEL says:

well it's the only thing I could do

{Quote}

This was our conversation almost one year after the incident, it was late like around 1:00 am or so when we were instant messaging and whenhe called Dana.

I would have love to talk to Dana.

regards to all

francisco torres

I paid in FULL for my pair of mantids on May 6. It is now June 26 and I have recieved nothing. And I now have seen and learned he is offering my pair to others.

I just want my mantids or my money back. These are reasonable expectations. It is now time for Michael to follow through on his promises.

Jeff

I paid in FULL for my pair of mantids on May 6. It is now June 26 and I have recieved nothing. And I now have seen and learned he is offering my pair to others. I just want my mantids or my money back. These are reasonable expectations. It is now time for Michael to follow through on his promises.

Jeff
It would be much better to provide details such as dates of payments and listings etc.

It would be much better to provide details such as dates of payments and listings etc.
Well if you read my post I state I paid in full on May6. I will add that if you look at the mantidforum ads you will see he advertised the ghost mantid pair on May 2.

It is now June 27. I have NOT receive my mantids. I have not recieved my money back.

I paid in full. And 56 days later I have nothing.

Now Michael is posting other ads on Mantidforum, and ads on other boards looking for beetles, etc. And he has even offered the pair of mantids I paid for to other parties.

Jeff

Well if you read my post I state I paid in full on May6. I will add that if you look at the mantidforum ads you will see he advertised the ghost mantid pair on May 2. It is now June 27. I have NOT receive my mantids. I have not recieved my money back.

I paid in full. And 56 days later I have nothing.

Now Michael is posting other ads on Mantidforum, and ads on other boards looking for beetles, etc. And he has even offered the pair of mantids I paid for to other parties.

Jeff
Have you talked to him about this. Do you have copies of the conversation. Will he offer you a refund

So at last the last straw.

Jeff bought from me a pair of ghosts a long time ago but he ran into trouble right after that and told me not to ship and started to demand my phone number in the process. I had the right to deny him that wish completely. He then begs me for my phone number or I can just keep the money and not even ship. I had read a story that a package was intercepted in PA during that time that had illegal beetles in the package so I covered my bases and cut off all contact like he suggested. During that time the mantids grew and grew and finally became adults. Then he comes back threatening me with the following emails.

"Michael,

Well you did not reply to my last message and e-mail. I am losing my patience.

Here is the deal. I want my perfect ghost pair and I also want to buy 1000 turkistan roaches.

If I do not hear from you by Monday morning I will take more aggressive action. I asked repeatedly for your phone number and you would not reply. So on Monday morning if I don't hear from you I will file a case with paypal. I don't want to do this since it will come out that the payment was for exotic mantids. That does not benefit either of us. However if this is what I have to do I will do it. I asked nice multiple times and got nowhere. Now it is time to get this resolved.

Regards,

Jeff"

"Michael,

Do not send a refund via PAYPAL. Currently, I have my paypal account CLOSED to incoming funds. I can send but not receive. And even if you did send my money back or issue a refund I would refuse it.

Just contact me and lets get this resolved.

Regards,

Jeff"

"Michael,

Well I have no idea if you replied to me or not. My desktop computer crapped out shortly after I e-mailed syou.

And my glacial old laptop has some kind of aol/browser glitch that allows me to send e-mail but not see received e-mail.

All I want are 2 perfect ghost mantids and some turkistan roaches.

My address is:

Jeff Lepore

P.O. Box ****

Lancaster PA *****-****

I will expect you to ship either Mon.or Tues.

Jeff"

"Michael,

I want my mantids or my money. Plain and simple. You make the choice. Either way I want you to e-mail me tracking information verifying shipment.

By the way. I have been pretty nice about this so far. Fortunately when all else fails I have in my immediate family a private investigator, I don't have your address and phone number. But I can assure you, that through legal means I can acquire both.

I would just prefer that you handle this properly. Up to now you have not. That is your perogative.

But I am very persistent. I can assure you that you have NEVER met anyone as persistent as I am when it comes to collecting what is mine.

Regards,

Jeff"

To which I finally decided I come out of hiding because I knew I was dealing with a very desperate man with this yesterday via emails and PM:

"Then I need $20 extra since they are now adults."

"If you want 500 roaches it'll be $10 more because i don't have much left"

Then I got this from him today.

"Michael,

Here is what I have learned in the last 24 hours. First of all filing a case with PAYPAL will do me no good. I tried and the transaction is not covered. HOWEVER, I did learn via PAYPAL and a brief phone conversation with my attorney that you are in some trouble.

ANY transaction where the internet was used is covered by numerous FCC laws. In this case you were paid AND ACCEPTED PAYMENT via paypal. Meaning you used an internet access line. Fortunately for you the amount of the transaction was well below Felony level. HOWEVER it is not below misdemeanor level. Main difference is the Felony charge would carry mandatory jail time. A misdemeanor charge does not. It carries a nice hefty, mandatory, fine, however. A very LARGE fine.

I have no problem following through on this no matter how much it costs me. Years ago I spend over $3000 to collect $60 from a guy who ripped me off. He lost his job in the process.

Fortunately this will not cost me anywhere near $3000. And not to mention you are I believe a student. Most colleges and universities now have conduct codes that apply to students outside of the classroom. I don't know what school you go to yet but I will. And you can be sure I will contact the necessary parties at that school. I am sure the dean of students will be interested to hear what I have to say.

There are even more avenues I can pursue, that might impact your future as an entomologist.

All I want is my money or my mantids. That simple. And I want this handled NOW!! I want to get online and find a verification e-mail with tracking information from you that you shipped the mantids or returned my money.

I also reactivated my PAYPAL account. So you can if you want send $75 back to [email protected]

The choice is yours. I have NO PROBLEM at all following through on the above and MUCH, MUCH more if necessary.

Regards,

Jeff"

I ask you my beloved community, where are my rights as a person who followed his instructions because he got into trouble and had my back pinned to a wall because of it. Now, the efforts I have taken to bring that pair into adulthood won't even be realized or paid for. I ask you all, what should I do?

EDIT: Despite my desperate need for every penny I can get, I have issued him his refund but I ask all parties on here never to deal with this man, Jeffery Lepore, aka mantispixel aka pixelroach. I truly am going to be leaving this hobby now.

All I see here is major issues in communication. I'd rather not categorize this as anyone's fault, but that everyone here had conflicting points of view that directly impacted communication, shipping, and money handling. I wouldn't leave the hobby Villosa, but perhaps just not sell any mantids.

All I see here is major issues in communication. I'd rather not categorize this as anyone's fault, but that everyone here had conflicting points of view that directly impacted communication, shipping, and money handling. I wouldn't leave the hobby Villosa, but perhaps just not sell any mantids.
Good summary. I was going to complete a big deal with Jeff and i had no problems with him. It sounds like bad communication like ASA said

Bought a Ghost Ooth. He had some computer issues and was out of communication for a week, but more than made up for it by sending a little gift in the form of an extra ooth.

I would gladly do buisiness with him again.

Contrary to other reviews here, he has proven himself...at least to me....to be trustworthy and honorable.

I just wanted to add a little addendum to my last post here. He had guaranteed fertility of the ooth in his original post. Im happy to say that I came home today to about 18 little ghosts from the ooth I bought from him.

Hello ALl,

Michael problem is that he wants to do alot and sometimes doesn't have the time to complete that.

Jeff lepore is a heck of a guy buyer, he will spend the money for what he wants, and all he ask is good product overall.

Mike had promised me some ghost ooth for some bad dealings in the past, the same ones he was selling sometime ago.

I never got the ooth but that is not a problem.

Mike stop saying you are going to leave the hobby, instead just look at the little things that are causing you trouble and correct them.

Communication is a key, that will open lots of doors for you in the future.

regards

francisco

Latest posts