moulting too fast

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky

The Skate Life
Reaction score
I have this L1 chinese nymph that was still an L1 when all the others were L3's.

It molted 4 days ago so that makes it an L2, but yesterday I accidentaly crushed it a little while closing the lid.

Now today, right now, it's molting again to an L3. 4 days after its last molt.

Is this OK or will it make the mantis weak and flimsy? Anybody else have this problem?

I dont know. Its still molting right now. its been an hour. Think its stuck?

L2 and has been moulting for an hour is not a good thing :? , all u can really do is give it a light misting and hope for the best :roll:

YES! it came out perfectly!!! not even a bent attena!!! WOO HOO! *phew*

I'm really really really lucky! Now I have 3 L3's :lol:

wow thats pretty cool but no i dont think he's in any serios troble molting that much if he has the skin to get rid of i bet he'll be fine

right after the molt my grandma killed it :cry: I wanted to see what happens to this wierd mantis, BUT it's fast life has been cut short :(

I once caught a 1 1/2 inch European (L4? L5?) and it molted about 3 days later. 4 days after that, it molted again. It molted one more time a week later. I was averaging about 5 days per molt.

After that, it was a subadult, and even as a subadult it was bigger than most adults are. I left it with a friend when I went on a trip, but he told me it didn't molt correctly for its last molt and was bent out of shape and died before I got back. It's a shame, because it would have been a giant.

She's literally blind. She scared it and it jumped on the floor and she stepped on it. She killed my other mantids while they were molting she bumpped their containers.

Latest posts