My carnivorous plants garden bog!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey, is it true vfts r poisonous to eat? i read the bulbs r toxic to mammals :eek:
No. They are not. They were grown wildly in NC. I know that most of animals eat them (crows, rats, squrriels) but there are no reports of an animal dying from eating a venus fly trap.I have a cat and he never bothers my plants and never eaten one. He knows better than to mess around with my plants!

I had some squrriels eating my vfts. I had enough so I put the rabbit cage over the bog to protect them from these pests. I often let my indoor cat go outside to guard my precious bog! He went around my bog & I guess the squirrlels got the message. lol. That was last year... haha!

I never have much luck with california carnivores' plants. EVERY SINGLE ONE DIED EXCEPT ONE SARRACENIA!!!!!> :( hope you have better luck. They grow their plants in a green house (I've been to the nursery) so maybe they have a hard time adjusting to outdoors? The one sarr thet survived was from their outdoor growing area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus they are retail, so very overpriced. I could get that from my local CP society (in los angeles) for 30 bucks with free soil :) I got a s. flava 2 feet wide and 2.5 feet tall for 8$ there

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts