My Luna Moths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the pic of the little toad sitting there eyeballing them all day! :lol:

EyesYikes.gif

i took a leave apart and saw a lil thingy inside going crazy, i hope i didnt ruin it lol. i thought they turn into those brown coccoons you took pics of? its not though? there going to transform in the web?

The pics I have on the first page are the pupae. Those are inside the cocoons.

Stone, if you want any cocoons I have plenty, about 40 lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of a final count of 40 cocoons, I have sold/traded nearly all that I'm willing to let go (keeping 10 for breeding)...still have a few left for others. :)

when can you seperate them from the leaves? there still moving a little bit when touched and i want to see the cocoon they make in person before they turn.

when can you seperate them from the leaves? there still moving a little bit when touched and i want to see the cocoon they make in person before they turn.
Lol, the ball of leaves is the cocoon. :D You can cup the cocoon open with a pair of scissors to look at the pupa (the brown thing inside, this is the actual insect). You will want to be careful not to damage the pupae though. ;)

It is not necessary to open the cocoon up for the moth to emerge, the moth will open it up on its own. If you do take the pupae out, it will still emerge anyways.

Why did mine puech on me?
I wondered about that too, so I Googled <"I puke on you"> It definitely appears to be a visceral manifestation of disapprobation, usually implying some rebarbative trait or behavior on the part of the hurlee. What did you do to offend it?

Hmmm.... :rolleyes: and can the pupae projectile puke on you through the ball of leaves? :blink: :lol:

WhoopsPuke.gif

PS... This is not a serious question. ;) I just couldn't resist using the puking smilie... or the "ball of leaves!" :p Sorry, Doug... it's just way too funny! :D

lol i want to open those leaves so bad, but when there touched the slightest the lil bugs inside go crazy. there semi see-through so you can see something shuffling in them. everyone that doesnt know whats going to happen go CRAZY when they feel it lol its like those toys back in the day, mexican jumping beans. thats what it feels like.

P.S.

haha katnapper -.-' i alwaz seem to say something somewhere that bites me in the butt lol i need to think before i type huh? lol

lol i want to open those leaves so bad, but when there touched the slightest the lil bugs inside go crazy. there semi see-through so you can see something shuffling in them. everyone that doesnt know whats going to happen go CRAZY when they feel it lol its like those toys back in the day, mexican jumping beans. thats what it feels like. P.S.

haha katnapper -.-' i alwaz seem to say something somewhere that bites me in the butt lol i need to think before i type huh? lol
Well, nobody knows everything... and I'm sure they probably do look like leaves. (I'll find out for myself soon! ;) ) And you did make at least one person smile (me). I figure when I make a mistake like that, at least I can laugh at myself too. We all do it at some point! :D It's good you have a great sense of humor, and can take the ribbing well. ;)

I wondered about that too, so I Googled <"I puke on you"> It definitely appears to be a visceral manifestation of disapprobation, usually implying some rebarbative trait or behavior on the part of the hurlee. What did you do to offend it?
I grabbed it by the abdomen because it was stuck on me and wouldn't get off.

its so wierd that they move lol, i cant wait to see those mangled bastards emerge lol, there so nice and what not. ME LIKEY!

Latest posts