My Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much @Graceface! She is a sub then!! And so are my males! 

I can't believe that I took a group of L1s and somehow got three males and one female to subadult at the same time!!

- MantisGirl13

Good job! I have some subs that are siblings with my presub females, but I haven't managed to time it perfectly as yet. I'm usually having males mature before my females, though I'm close enough to still breed them, so I'm okay with that

Good job! I have some subs that are siblings with my presub females, but I haven't managed to time it perfectly as yet. I'm usually having males mature before my females, though I'm close enough to still breed them, so I'm okay with that
Thanks! I just kept the males at room temp and the female on a heat pad. I misted 3x daily. 

Now to get them to adult and breed.... 

I hope that you have luck breeding yours!!

- MantisGirl13

As promised, pics of the subadult orchid!!

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4542.jpg

She just wanted to sit on the camera. She jumped a few times resulting in lots of messed up pics!

- MantisGirl13

Thanks! I think she molted an extra time like one of Graceface's did so she'll be pretty big as adult!!

- MantisGirl13

That's a beautiful mantis. I've been keeping mantises for less than 3 months. I'm not ready for orchid mantis yet, but I really look forward to getting one when I feel qualified.

-- Bob

That's a beautiful mantis. I've been keeping mantises for less than 3 months. I'm not ready for orchid mantis yet, but I really look forward to getting one when I feel qualified.

-- Bob
Thanks! I've been keeping mantids for three years, and exotics for two. When I first got my orchids as L1 I didn't feel ready for them, but as they got older I realized how easy they really are to care for! They are more of an intermediate species than a difficult one.

- MantisGirl13

Remember that orchid female? She molted to adult last night perfectly!! :wub:

IMG_4924.jpg

The male will mature any day now as well. 

The mated Budwing girl laid me a present last night too! Nymphs everywhere in a few months! Lol

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts