My mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wahlbergii nymphs

[SIZE=24pt]L2[/SIZE]
2093255075_08f984b7c2_b.jpg

[SIZE=24pt]L3[/SIZE]

2094032556_f8c9834c11_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Female - L4/L5 this was about 12 hours before it shed.

see i dont just do macro.. ;)

This is my old rig which is being sold in 3 weeks in place of my 2nd canon set up..so for now my none macro shots (none macro shots meaning any thing above 1:1 life size) are taken with nikon D50-Sigma 50mm - Sigma macro ring flash

2097583466_e824b7b8c7_b.jpg

2097582010_cd22e2f3ba_b.jpg

2096803305_8e3644ddf2_b.jpg

2096802117_55a1e5bc4c_b.jpg

Lol, when I didn't scroll down all of the way for the first pic and only saw the wood, I was like, uhhh....poor macro junkie; he got a horrible mismoulted mantis that fell in the dirt or something. I guess that's what I get for sleeping in on the weekends and just waking up now. ;)

Anyways, she's pretty....I just hate when adult, they sometimes turn brownish. :(

Lol, when I didn't scroll down all of the way for the first pic and only saw the wood, I was like, uhhh....poor macro junkie; he got a horrible mismoulted mantis that fell in the dirt or something. I guess that's what I get for sleeping in on the weekends and just waking up now. ;) Anyways, she's pretty....I just hate when adult, they sometimes turn brownish. :(
red sent me an ooth..says its a long one.. :p i cant wait to see them hatch and macro them orange ones with black eyes..it should be here any day now.ever sinse i saw robs pics i was amazed.im so happy i have a ooth on its way..woooooooooo B)

ahhh MJ i think i got over dosed of mantids mugshot. need to get some glasses now going cross eyes.

Bill

Very pretty forearms. :) Are you breeding them?
yes.there so cool the pics dont do them justice..it has an amazing threat pose that it does all the time..its got amazing shade of red and point.its legs look look hollow sticks..i was told its a new mantid to culture.Its one pretty mantid for sure..Soon as i start getting ooths from Pseudempusa pinnapavonis il let u know..i havent forgot u wanted that speices.il get some pics up laters.If your after the jade mantis il be happy to send u an ooth when there ready.How are your orhids doing?

yes.there so cool the pics dont do them justice..it has an amazing threat pose that it does all the time..its got amazing shade of red and point.its legs look look hollow sticks..i was told its a new mantid to culture.Its one pretty mantid for sure..Soon as i start getting ooths from Pseudempusa pinnapavonis il let u know..i havent forgot u wanted that speices.il get some pics up laters.If your after the jade mantis il be happy to send u an ooth when there ready.How are your orhids doing?
Most pics don't do justice to the mantis at all. They're just too pretty!

Aw, thanks. :) I probably will be interested in them also. Haha, one can never have too many mantids, aye?

My orchids are fine, my female molted into a subadult and my male is gearing up for his molt to adult. I hope my female makes it in time before he ages too much. It was too late when I realized my male was at subadult and I can't really do anything now. :(

Here is the so called grandis which graham asures me it is..which ever one it is i dont mind..i have a pair fomr the same ooth so thats all that matters for me.i dont care if its the grandis or Hierodula membranacea..either one is fine for me.. ;)

L6

Click on pics to enlarge

Pseudempusa pinnapavonis shed today,There 2 sheads away from being adult now..

Pseudempusa pinnapavonis - the female just shead..not long now mayby 2 more sheads and there adult..Im looking forward to there threat pose..there wings look so cool when adult fomr the pics i have seen on the web.

as usula click on pics to enlarge

2115268207_83862854f2_b.jpg

2115265055_1faaf97a9d_b.jpg

2115259445_24bed3dd53_b.jpg

2116040394_7454a6b5c7_b.jpg

lots to tell u about the last few days..

Click to enlarge image

1st off.My female Hymenopus coronatus.In not 100% sure if its L6 or L7(subadult) mayby u guys can tell me?i put her in the dark for few hours to get her eyes red.

Also over last 2 days both my Idolomantis Diabolica shed successful..I was lucky to buy these when they where something like L5 so i havent had any trouble yet..YET :eek:

Female?

A newly shed flowermantis L4 - All the colours of a rainbow

Latest posts