My mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36hours after hatching

2133247010_14d51d44b2_b.jpg

your orchid is probably L7, as it has wingbuds.awsome shots, by the way! :)
L7 is adult. :p If it has large wingbuds, it'd be L6, aka subadult. That is, if it is a female. If it's a male, it'd be subadult L5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I know the feeling, Sometimes things just work out the way you want them to. Those are the times i'm glad for. Now I need to save for a nice macro lens, I was thinking of getting a 100 mm? Through I'm very happy with the one I have now. What mm is your macro my friend?

thanks.well its been hard these last few weeks..i lost a big income and makes me think now im so glad i bought this set up when i had the money..the lens and flash are superb..

Yes, I know the feeling, Sometimes things just work out the way you want them to. Those are the times i'm glad for. Now I need to save for a nice macro lens, I was thinking of getting a 100 mm? Through I'm very happy with the one I have now. What mm is your macro my friend?
if u get 60mm 50mm 100mm or 105mm...these are fixed focal lens (true macro thats goes to 1:1 life size) only fixed focal macro lens do this..i have 60mm on order which does me full mantis shots and up to 1:1 life size..then i have the mpe-65 which is a special lens..its the only macro lens on the market that gores from 1:1-5:1..it only works on canons tho..if u get 60mm or 100mm the only difference your get is focal length..u wont need to be as close to the subject with the 100mm.the more mm it is the further your be away from the subject..get 60mm or 100mm wil do u fine.

Okay, So I'll start saving for a 70 mm. That way, It's between the 60 & 100. It would help to have a longer mm lens for taking pic's of rattle snakes.

Thanks again for the great info!

if u get 60mm 50mm 100mm or 105mm...these are fixed focal lens (true macro thats goes to 1:1 life size) only fixed focal macro lens do this..i have 60mm on order which does me full mantis shots and up to 1:1 life size..then i have the mpe-65 which is a special lens..its the only macro lens on the market that gores from 1:1-5:1..it only works on canons tho..if u get 60mm or 100mm the only difference your get is focal length..u wont need to be as close to the subject with the 100mm.the more mm it is the further your be away from the subject..get 60mm or 100mm wil do u fine.

Are you going to breeding the Gambians Scott? Amazing photos.Matt.
i allready am buddie..im waiting on ooths to hatch..i was sent a fertile female from a freind..i also have a adult male..shes laid about 4 or 5 ooths now so il mate her again in the next day or 2..the male is being stubun at the min tho.

i allready am buddie..im waiting on ooths to hatch..i was sent a fertile female from a freind..i also have a adult male..shes laid about 4 or 5 ooths now so il mate her again in the next day or 2..the male is being stubun at the min tho.
Lol. Will you be selling any nymphs?

Matt

Latest posts