Net tent! Opinions?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mime454

Reaction score
I saw this on shark tank tonight, and thought it would be awesome to house a ton of communal insects, like ghosts or idolos. This is different from other food tents because the bottom is also covered.

At only $20 with free shipping for prime customers, this is comparable in price with the net cube. Anybody use this, or can think of why it might be a bad idea?

http://www.amazon.com/Dura-Tent-FT-100-Outdoor-Table-Screen/dp/B002NQIT3Y

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh the irony. Keeping mantids in a device designed to keep bugs out.

Should be fin as long as the seal is not Velcro.

It would be great for toxodera, a lot of room with different angles and room to put tropical plants in the pots l...I think it has it's use... and I love the irony that Will pointed out :D

On Shark Tank it closed with no gap. There is a single review that says there is a gap though.
Could probably be modified using magnets mounted on the outside of the flap and inside the tent. Still would not be an actual seal.

Oh neat, are the actual dimensions listed anywhere? I wouldn't use it as a full time cage, but it looks perfect for what I've been meaning to get especially for my older mantises who have a harder time moving around. I often have them out on various desk plants during the day but at night I like to slip them into a secure cage before going to bed. This looks like it would be the perfect size to slip the plants in with the mantis on it. I have a bunch of Monarch cages but the square ones aren't wide enough for most of my plants while the other variations of Monarch cages have way more height than I need. This would be a great alternative. Thank you for sharing!

You can do essentially the same thing with the Live Monarch net cages which are cheap, fold flat, and have a zipper.

Latest posts