Parymenopus davisoni

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had the davisoni nymph already eat a bug that was little bigger then a fruit fly so it is eating bigger or starting too now!

hey ismart if mine makes it to sub and turns out to be what I hope it will (prays its a female) would you loan or lend me a male?

It is doing very good and getting big fast!

Update. Day five, and all 45 are doing great! On bad note. I'm having a hard time sexing them properly. What I thought was a female is now a sub- adult male. I can't believe how much easier orchids are to sex then these guys.

interesting. Do you have a jewelers loup? Can you see differences in the terminal segment?

If you sell me a few Ill put them under the 40x dissection scope at work and take some high res pics of the terminal abdominal segment and see if theres a good way to tell the difference.

no nymphs need to be harmed, they can be standing on a petri dish and I can still take good pics

interesting. Do you have a jewelers loup? Can you see differences in the terminal segment?

If you sell me a few Ill put them under the 40x dissection scope at work and take some high res pics of the terminal abdominal segment and see if theres a good way to tell the difference.

no nymphs need to be harmed, they can be standing on a petri dish and I can still take good pics
you just want to buy some... :shifty: just kidding! I found some good quality loupes for 20 bucks somewhere.

Update. Day 8 and all 45 are alive and well. One even molted to L2 while i started feeding them. I can't believe i have 100% survival rate so far with this last hatch. So stoked! :donatello:

I'm going to sell them for $20.00 each.

Yes, i have kept plenty for myself. Thanks again. :)
$20.00 each is so dirt cheap! Especially for one of the rarest mantis in the states, I hope people at least throw you a nice phat tip, you deserve it brotha! ;)

About half have molted to L2. I did lose one after it molted. There goes my 100% survival rate for that ooth. :( :lol:

The last ooth has just hatched! Another 36 nymphs. :)