Parymenopus davisoni

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parymenopus arent in the same Genus as Hymenopus, so you should expect that there will be differences in breeding, ootheca shape, etc etc.

Have you determined a good way to sex younger nymphs yet?
Can someone clarify this, google is of no help for such a rare species. Are paramenopus closely related to hymenopus, or is this a bizarre example of convergent evolution?

well I thought somewhere I read the ooths can hatch up to 100 nymphs or so but maybe less depending on the female I am guessing!

One thing about the males are they got a good appetite and mine can usually go through 2-3 flies like every other day or so and I do like the yellow color would be cool to get one green with white dots or something far out!

One thing about the males are they got a good appetite and mine can usually go through 2-3 flies like every other day or so and I do like the yellow color would be cool to get one green with white dots or something far out!
That would be interesting.

Massaman- How are your davisonis doing? Did anymore become adult? I'm getting mine next week

only had 1 survive out of the 4 I got from Ismart and I am getting a adult female from him for my male who is a adult but wont breed them for like 3 weeks and so far mine is doing very well and he eats pretty good and I think he is doing just fine and hoping to get my own personal stock when I do breed them and hoping breeding them wont be that hard being most of the mantids I bred have not been that hard and only ones that had me pulling my hair out is when female rhomboderas and budwings and a few other female of other species kept throwing a defense pose and making breeding them hard!