Parymenopus davisoni

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more than stoked for you! Did the nymphs come out red like a regular Orchid as in the pic above?

I was thinking of going overseas for some, but if there's any room left on your list please PM me?
I did not get to see them hatch out initially. Even with close to 100% humidity about 10 did not make it out, or got stuck half way through. They look almost exactly like L1 orchid nymphs. there more of an orange color than red like orchids. And a bit smaller than orchids.

And me as well! Awesome job
Thanks! :)

Some surprisingly good news. 40 out of 40 are alive, and well after 4 days. Most are nice and plump! I will take some more pics tomorrow. Looks like i will be selling some real soon! :)

Please put me on the buy list and let me know when you have them available as I been after these for a very long time and would like to own a few for myself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your success, As far as breeding stock go's are there going to be issues line breeding these? How often will unrelated blood for this species show up?

Michael

how does one get the enclosures set when breeding I hear you need to make a technical set up to get the ooths to hatch or was it you need a set up for them to breed properly as I forgot which when chrisp told me something on this!

But I got birthday coming up on the 27th and would love to treat myself to a few at most!

Please put me on the buy list and let me know when you have them available as I been after these for a very long time and would like to own a few for myself!
I will be honest to say out of every person on this forum you Paul have been searching for this species since at least 2009. If anybody googles P. davisonii you name pops up quite often. :lol: You are the first person i do plan on selling to. Save your pennies though. I do plan on making my money back from these guys. And what i mean by that is it cost me $400.00 just to get a breeding pair of these guys.

And I as well!!!! I have been so excited that someone in the USA is having breeding success with these guys!!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS!!!!!
Thanks man! I do appreciate it. You have no idea how stoked i am right now! :)

Congrats on your success, As far as breeding stock go's are there going to be issues line breeding these? How often will unrelated blood for this species show up?

Michael
Well Michael i don't know what effect inbreeding my have on these guys? As far as i know? I may be the only one in the US that has them? If inbreeding does become an issue? We may have to look to our friends in the UK for new blood.

how does one get the enclosures set when breeding I hear you need to make a technical set up to get the ooths to hatch or was it you need a set up for them to breed properly as I forgot which when chrisp told me something on this!

But I got birthday coming up on the 27th and would love to treat myself to a few at most!
Paul i have them in 32oz deli cups. 3 sheets of wet bounty paper towels on the bottom to keep the humidity to at least 80% Temp is never any lower that 80F. Natural day night cycle. Breeding was fairly easy. The male had no issues jumping on and getting busy right away. There was nothing special i needed to do.

100% after 4 day's is awesome, keep us updated. :)
I will Nick. I will! :)

A few more pics taken today. Sorry for the crappy quality. These were taken with my phone.

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

well all I know is I hope I can afford to buy some because I had spend almost $150 dollars on 2 l3 orchids a while back like a year ago and both died so I am hoping I can afford them but will wait and see!

well all I know is I hope I can afford to buy some because I had spend almost $150 dollars on 2 l3 orchids a while back like a year ago and both died so I am hoping I can afford them but will wait and see!
$150.00 dollars for a pair of orchids! That insane!!! The most i would sell these guys at would probably be around $15.00 each. I'm not out to break any ones pockets.

WOW! After hearing the amount you guy's spent on the green and pink Orchids I feel like I almost gave away my 4 Hymenopus males to help some people breed them, holy smokes batman! :lol:

seriously. Ive never paid more than $20 each for Hymenopus. Id expect to pay more for the Parymenopus....seeing as how they are so unestablished in the states.

Well I can prob handle then paying $12.50-$15 a piece for 3 nymphs but just saying it is quite a bit for 2 nymphs esp being orchids but hey you live and learn even if you get burned in the process

All this breeding talking and getting new species esablished here in the states is making me excited! Haha. I think I'll wait though and try to get these later unless you still have some from the later ooths...but I doubt that lol.

Great job man!