Parymenopus davisoni

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I like hymenopus better...
I know 5-6 people breeding regular Orchids, what Paul has done is one of a kind here in the states and now he may be about to spread them around to put them here for a good long time, well hopefully that is? Wait...I think I heard this story before. :whistling: :D

I think it's awesome he's breeding them but my eyes like hymenopus better, I like the colors better and the bigger leg lobes but they r both awesome

Anyone can breed hymenopus but to start out with 1 parahymenopus and get it to adult and mate it and everything is out of this world!!!

I think sexing at L2 is a craap shoot at best, they're just to tiny to hold still and not shock them or even worse kill them by trying... but hey if you can do it more power to you!

hey you able to sex these yet and I am asking for four of them and can you sex them?
No, At L2 it's just to difficult. I can't make any promises. Sorry. :(

Do they show the notched abdomen like Hymenopus?
I don't know? I don't have a magnifying glass right now. I'm inbetween homes. Infact i don't even live with my mantids right now. :lol:

I think they do have the band on thier necks as I found this image that shows it but not sure if its the same color.In orchids the males have a brown line on their pronotum, and the females a green one so guessing its the same way with the parymenopus

Parymenopusdavisoni5-2-129.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The band around there neck is not an indication of sex. These guys are not orchids. female, and male neck bands are both brown.

I been after this species for at least 4 years now and finally have them and hope to be able to get a pair and get them to adults and breed them for myself first off!