Parymenopus davisoni

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I turn by back to the forum for a minute and all of a sudden you have little yellow Orchids running all over the place?

Congratulations, man. That's a big accomplishment. And your survival rates are phenomenal. Maybe this is a less delicate species than H.coronatus.

So I turn by back to the forum for a minute and all of a sudden you have little yellow Orchids running all over the place?

Congratulations, man. That's a big accomplishment. And your survival rates are phenomenal. Maybe this is a less delicate species than H.coronatus.
Thanks! So far i would say orchids are proving to be a little more difficult.

I don't know the whole story but it looks like he is doing just as well with Hymenopus from his comparison photo.
I'm trying to get more orchid males to mix up the gene pool a bit. So far so good. :)

Just got some little tiny yellow-green buggy goodness from Ismart and they're awesome to say the least, all made it alive and in good health I'm glad to report. I couldn't believe how tiny they were, even at L3 my L1 Idolo are bigger!

The Parymenopus davisoni couldn't have a better guy breeding them and willing to painstakingly ship them out to people here in the USA! Now I need to go feed a small army of babies (Idolo/Orchids) some ff's and try to get more in the deli's than on the floor? ^_^

I finally had some big loses. :( The heat in my house during the day when i was at work was 93F in the begining of this week. I Lost about 15 L1 nymphs altogether. I still got abot 25 left. They all look healthy. Ooth #5 should be hatching soon. :)

I am getting my foursome and hoping to get 2 pairs but at L3 it may be hard to sex but I know you can do it!

Losing 15 to the heat is bummer deal, it was over 95 here in MI for the the last few weeks, yikes! Maybe just leave the air on if you can when you know it will be hot out, a couple bucks more on your electric bill would be cheaper than that happening again?

I'm still amazed how small they are at L3, you really have to look around a 32oz deli to find some of them, just to find out no that's a molted skin, Oh wait there it is on the other side of the stopper. :lol:

They are a healthy bunch of nymphs though, not one death in my little squad(knock on wood).

these able to take very small flies as I can catch flies of any size but just wondering or still need to use fruit files?

ARE TEMPS DOWN AT YOUR HOUSE? I have been putting my frogs fogger resevoir bottle in the fridge for them the past few weeks. Keeps them hydrated and cool all day . Maybe you could do something similar? I got a zoo med fogger for 40 bucks and on low it provides a small consistent flow of fog into the tanks. Perfect for keeping up humidity and temps down

http://www.zoomed.co...ID=2&SearchID=1
The temps for the most part are where i want them to be. It's only when we have crazy hot weather in like the 90's do i have any issues.