President Obama

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantidLord

Reaction score
Well, for all of you americans and american "watchers", Barrack Obama unofficially was elected president of the United States of America. Depending on wether or not McCain does a recount. (which I wouldn't considering the margin of victory). The first bi-racial president, let's see what, if anything, unfolds throughout his presidency. Much respect to both candidates, but I'm just glad it's over.(sick of the commercials, although it did give me a day off of school :p )

Sick of it as well. Glad it is over but not happy with the results. :(

Sick of it as well. Glad it is over but not happy with the results. :(
On the bright side, though, I had worried that Gov. Palin's opposition to funding for fruit fly research would block my application for photoperiod funding. Those daylight bulbs cost nearly $5.00......

I'm also glad its over. Happy with the results aswell. This is was my first year able to vote and it couldn't have gone any better :D

I too am glad the election is over. The results are not what I wanted either but I am hopeful that Obama will not be all bad. If he follows through on his campaign promise of change, maybe the changes won't be all bad. I do think that his election is an important historic milestone that I did not think would happen in my lifetime.

I am optimistic...

Scott

I am excited about the new president and hopeful for the future of my kids and a rebuilt US economy

:)

I just hope we can all unite and work toward a better future for our kids and grandkids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to your sodding little elections I could not watch re-runs of Happy Days - damn you!

Aaay!

very happy with the results!

i really can't imagine it having gone any other way. though after the 2000 debacle i half-expected the worst.

I really like Guinness, but it is not for everyone. :rolleyes: Most people I know won't even drink the Guinness extra stout, but that is what I usually buy. More for me. :lol:

guinness is gorgeous , obama and his wife couldnt get enough of it , you yanks dont get the real guinness i had a pint in new york and it was awful

Who cares that "your's" tastes better "over there" than the swill here.
poop.gif
is
poop.gif

Probably the reason the president was telling jokes was to avoid letting it pass his lips. Always so PC.
laugh.gif