Rhombo' and 'Chaeta logs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20150104_093217.jpg

Second adult today, and its a female

First ooth should pop up in a month or so

Chaetas made me a very happy stick mantis owner again!

Very proud to have em..

Had to leave her cause i was getting ready for work when i noticed she was inflating her wings :D

20150106_113503.jpg

20150106_114047.jpg

20150106_114855.jpg

She is 5.5 inches there looks to be bigger females still coming though.

Shes a fun little chaeta :)

They are so sweet! I love the ones I got from you Bobericc! Although, one does chew on my hand or arm when I am moving them to another home.

Last edited by a moderator:
20150104_093217.jpg

Second adult today, and its a female

First ooth should pop up in a month or so

Chaetas made me a very happy stick mantis owner again!

Very proud to have em..

Had to leave her cause i was getting ready for work when i noticed she was inflating her wings :D
I can't wait til your ooth hatches. You are doing so well with the Chaetas. I am hopping to breed this next batch. My ooths haven't hatched as of yet.

Thanks guys

how are your rhombos sally?

Heres a vid. Chaeta spends all its time still in one spot, chaeta does not explore its container but finds a good perch spot and its happy.

Chaetas favorite perch outside the mansion is my face most the time :|

They are so sweet! I love the ones I got from you Bobericc! Although, one does chew on my hand or arm when I am moving them to another home.
I finally found out which of the chaetas is a nibbler. Sadly, she is also a man eater! I caught the little monster eating another chaeta while he was molting! I thought they didn't do that to eachother.

They all live together and have plenty of flies to eat. She is now in Solitary. Bad, bad girl!IMG_20150116_052443.jpg

IMG_20150116_052443.jpg

The video was cool... sorry about your maneater / nibbler... but at least you found her before too much more damage. Good luck

all is not well in the chaeta mansion.. had two buddies mismolt back to back after a spray? Too high humidity perhaps.. Did not end well at all, so ive decided no more liquids.. straight humidifier until everyones back on par.

I dont want to freeze my buddies but theres no coming back for them now...

I had to take a pic to embody the pain and frustration in chaetas face.

I know what screaming would look like to my mantis, so i did a little for him..dont..tear..up.lol ;(

20150122_103523.jpg

On a much brighter note

I Just got in from work and look,

20150123_155300.jpg

First mating! Go chaeta! Lol

I am so sorry for your loss...

and again I can't see your pictures.. what program are you using?... maybe I need to download it.. to see your pictures..

I hope the second picture I can't see is nymphs...

Sorry for your losses, two mismolts has to be tough.

You do have some interesting photos when I dig out the image links. Like the last one of two mating with some strangely bent abdomens. Is the habitat a glass tank showing wall paneling or is that a custom habitat?

I am so sorry for your loss...

and again I can't see your pictures.. what program are you using?... maybe I need to download it.. to see your pictures..

I hope the second picture I can't see is nymphs...
Nope the images are not allowed to be shared from the image site host he used. Not sure what the problem is with Photobucket, but oh well.

After lots of digging through the code of this page he is using Postimage.org on the last photo. Which would require MantidForum to modify the forum IP.Board software itself in order to use their servers to show the images (PostImage has some weird coding required to use their services), which would override all other image and basic forum settings here (which won't happen for sure).

You can view bobericc's photo only by clicking the direct link to the image itself which is http://s5.postimg.org/vds15j7d2/20150123_155300.jpg

Thank you cosby!

I keep trying to change my pass on photobucket and it doesnt register on the mobile version.

Idk why its giving me a problem.

Thank you cosby!

I keep trying to change my pass on photobucket and it doesnt register on the mobile version.

Your welcome but all I did was hunt out your link. ;)

That is weird but I don't use the mobile version so can't comment really about that.. Hold on a sec I can use Bluestacks on my desktop or my tablet. I'll try it out for myself. What problem is it actually causing perhaps I can help get you through it?

Never mind my previous comment. ;)

Wow just tried the PhotoBucket app and what a waste of time - it doesn't work right and keeps giving me "Error - Login Failed". I tried my username then email, with the correct password numerous times (even changed my password to a simple one but still error). I then gave up and tried it with BlueStacks on my desktop exact same problem.

The problem is a common one with no solution for many users, confirmed by doing a quick search on Google.

Only thing that worked is using the Chrome browser on my tablet and loading the website and selecting "Full Site". I was able to upload a picture but it jammed beyond that.

UPDATE: There is one alternative, is sending the photo you want to upload to PhotoBucket via a text message with the photo attached. You have to get the custom PIN to send it to from the PhotoBucket site, clicking Settings, then click the Mobile tab. It will also give you a custom email you can send to as well.

Thank you cosby!

Yes Thomas... thank you... and congrats on the mating bobericc! Hopefully little footprint to follow soon!

Latest posts