Sally's mantis thread start 05/13

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great progress did any more hymenopus squeeze out the ooth?
Only 5 nymphs from that big ooth. They only mated for 40 mins though. I remated her for hours after she laid that ooth and she laid a nice big one in sept. so hopefully there will be more babies in that one. I am trying to do some more mating this week :)

9/27/2013 First hymenopus coronatus ooth laid 8/27 is hatching!!!! My first ever Orchid hatch from my breeding. :D There are only 4, so I am hoping more will come later.....
Sally (patty),

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. This is one species I've failed to breed.

Keep up the good work!

Tammy

My mated Orchid laid her third ooth today. She mated 2 times with my original male. She currently is boycotting being remated,lol. I will try again this week. My Creos mated, lost 2 males in the process :( I have a feeling I better obtain some more male D lobatas..... My boy just doesn't have a clue,lol

They are beautiful :) My Oxyopsis didn't seem to have a clue either but there is always next year and I can just enjoy them this season :)

Update 10/09 My 1st generation B mendicas are starting to molt to adult :) The Orchid nymphs are turning white and pink. I hope the other ooths hatch because I only have the 5 from the first ooth. My females still are unreceptive to the new lil man. I finally got my male D lobata interested in the girls but no connection as of yet... The T elegans are getting bigger :) I found a mating pair of T sinensis in the yard. brought them in and they mated all night. I tried to mate him with another girl I found in the yard :( She got him. I wasn't fast enough. I lost a T elegans in the bug room... at least there are enough fflys and escapee houseflies for her to eat. I hope I find her soon. I don't mind the flies, but the escapee bumble bees are kinda scary, lol

Great stuff, hope your able to do it all again with hymenopus and theopropus. That's very successful

. Thanks, Tammy. I am thrilled my first 2 babies to become adult are a female and a male :)
That is great! And if you posted your photos in the order they were taken, that means your female was a little ahead of your male. I don't think you could have timed that more perfectly. How long did you wait before you took those photos? Both of your adults are very green. Was one of them the green nymph? In my 2.5 years with this species, I've only had 3 - 4 green nymphs. So, they are special to me.

Latest posts