Sally's mantis thread start 05/13

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11/20 The first male T elegans molted to adult. His brothers are almost there. The male nymphs are a nice pink and green color. The R valida are much bigger than I expected. I love the hierodula majuscula coloring. most are green and red, but I have one little male that is a rusty color. I did end up with 2 female Orchid nymphs and 1 male. I have a pretty peach colored Taumantis :)

Deroplatys lobata laid her 1st fertile(hopefully :) )ootheca Trying with the Taus mating, nothing yet, He is still a little young,but she is def ready

Just received my Heterochaeta Mantids. They are really active. Orchid females are growing fast. Just some pics of my current favorite atm And his brother is a greener version

Received some Miomantis binotata and some Pseudocreobrotra Wahlbergii today :) Really excited. All the Rhombos are adult but 1 male and 1 female. The Heterochaeta survived an almost disastrous molt, whew. What a great day :D

one of my chaetas didn't get it's head or raptorial arms out of the exoskeleton on the L4 molt, very disheartening to see a U shaped mantid . It's siblings made it fine and now one is L7 and is male according to Yen's posts on chaeta sexing.

one of my chaetas didn't get it's head or raptorial arms out of the exoskeleton on the L4 molt, very disheartening to see a U shaped mantid . It's siblings made it fine and now one is L7 and is male according to Yen's posts on chaeta sexing.
I just had my cat mantis molt in my hand. I was freaking out. He fell but I got to him right away. He is ok. I am sorry abt yours. It is so awful when a mismolt happens.

Congrats on the rhombo's! I thought you had stalii? Did it turn out to be valida? I love mine.. 3 of em just molted to L4 :)
I had stalli last summer. Now I have the valida :) I love them also! And my girls aren't to temperamental so I can handle them easily. My stalli female was a biter and a pincher,lol

T elegans 1st generation female molted to adult. I can't post pics for some reason.... Hatch of unicorns :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The first attempt at mating Rhombodera validas. She was calling so I thought I would try it. 1st male not ready yet. 2nd male right to it. I didn't witness the connection, so I will try again as well. He survived the night :D

Some random shots of the mantids... New adult female H majuscula. She beat the males to adult :D Old lady mama Orchid. My heterochaeta male needs a mate soon....

Latest posts