Sally's mantis thread start 05/13

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Sally! From what I read Theopropus ooths need cooler temperatures + humidity to hatch. Good luck.

PS remember to keep few nymph for me. :)

1st gen Orchids mated today :D Only three hours but I am still thrilled. My little male turned adult end of Nov./ early in Dec. The girls Jan 17. and 18. Good going Frankenweenie the 4th :) I love the antennae on the male miomantis binotata. The female's antennae are not as red or as thick

Last edited by a moderator:
My other Orchid male molted to adult. Good timing Frankenweenie 5 :) The first of the binotata molted to adult today. They are all green except this one female. I wonder if she will stay brown after molting to an adult...

Last edited by a moderator:
Found little ooths in the Pseudoharpax virescens enclosure. I had no idea they were so small. The baby Orchids came and they are purple. I got them to mix with my white ones. The Creos are really prolific, lol I actually got a display :) The Unicorns are getting huge. You can see the wingspots on the Pseudocreobotra Wahlbergii

Just a quick update for my own reference lol. Orchid girls laid their first ooths. One girl died the day after laying :( The other is fine and I will remate her. The Pinstripes are both mated. The last of the 1st gen Bleph females mated yesterday with the help of a mature male from Vlodek.

Im sorry you lost your orchid lady, thats harsh. Save a couple of H majasculas for me! Its one of the heirodulas I havent raised yet.

First ever Rhombodera valida hatch. I am so happy :D My 1st gen Blepharopsis mendica laid a whopper of an ooth. good thing she was mated last night. :) :)

Female Orchid molted to adult. I think she has an abdominal infection...hopefully it will be ok. The first of the Texas unicorn males molted to adult... He is so stunning :) The wallis are so pretty. Remated the pinstripes. Cupped 100 new Rhombos. I left 100+ in the net screen attatched to the excelsior. I was afraid to move them they looked like they were going to L2. Not sure. Hopefully I can not have too much of a mortality rate.....

The infection cleared up! I received advise from Rich S. He said to dab peroxide on the infected abdomen. After a day it started to get better. Now she is eating and no sign of the infection externally. The first female Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii molted to adult. . The first Unicorn female molted to adult also :)

Latest posts