Some pics from the mantid house

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Just a few pics from the inside of my mini greenhouse. It houses about 25 egyptian mantids.

mantids406.jpg

mantids407.jpg

mantids408.jpg

Thats a great big house for them. You must have some happy mantids.

do they stay on the plants or do you get em at the top hanging off the plastic roof

Also great looking setup and good choice of plant looks to give lots of option on where to go

do they stay on the plants or do you get em at the top hanging off the plastic roofAlso great looking setup and good choice of plant looks to give lots of option on where to go
Mostly on the plants or the support bars. It's just an experiment to house a bunch of mantids and let them be. They are breeding and laying ooths on their own.

I keep all others in the normal deli cups and aquariums.

Mostly on the plants or the support bars. It's just an experiment to house a bunch of mantids and let them be. They are breeding and laying ooths on their own.
They are breeding and laying ooths already or are you expecting them to do so later?

They are breeding and laying ooths already or are you expecting them to do so later?
They are now. Only thing I do is mist and feed them.

whats feeding like do you just use flies and add a large number every few days or is there all sorts crawling round in there

Bluebottles. Throw a bunch of them in there every other day.

That's great! Now I want to make a thing like that too. How many mantises do you think are in there now?

That's great! Now I want to make a thing like that too. How many mantises do you think are in there now?
About 25. I can count about four ooths. These live together well with little to no cannibilism.

Ah. How many? (Or how many didn't make it?)
Probably only a few more than what is in there now. Found these don't eat each other too much.

Latest posts