Something AMAZING has happened...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Precarious Just chiming in to say that I got into macro photography largely due to your pictures posted here. Your pics of I. Diabolica posted a couple years ago are simply amazing--as well as all your other work. I am nowhere near as good, but it gives me something to strive for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone can buy macro equipment but you have a special talent with that camera, @Precarious 
Thanks! There is definitely an art to working with insects. It helps to have a real connection with them. I hope my love for them comes through in photos and video.

Your oxy shot is incredible! 
Thank you! Some of my favorites. I miss that species so much. Still hopeful someone brings them back into the hobby.

@Precarious Just chiming in to say that I got into macro photography largely due to your pictures posted here. Your pics of I. Diabolica posted a couple years ago are simply amazing--as well as all your other work. I am nowhere near as good, but it gives me something to strive for.
I appreciate that. There was another macro photographer here when I started that made me want to get into it myself. One of the best things about any creative venture is inspiring others. The world need more art!

Those are some amazing pictures, @Precarious.

- MantisGirl13
Thank you!

I forgot to mention this when it happened but Google got in touch with me a few years ago to create some insect themed educational material for their Cardboard Virtual Reality platform. I created five 'Expeditions' exploring the lifecycles of five insect species, documenting each stage of their lives in photos which were passed to a production company in Spain that wrapped the photos around 3D objects mounted within a 360 degree environment to be viewed with VR goggles. I wrote accompanying text to be read by teachers as well as questions for the class. It was a really amazing experience and the best use for my odd collection of skills I can imagine.

If you install the Expeditions app on your phone you can download my Expeditions. Just search the species.

Darkling Beetle

QykUoWj.jpg

Giant Devil's Flower Mantis (Idolomantis Diabolica)

Lo5tHNQ.jpg

Jungle Nymph

rShINxA.jpg

Ambush Bug

aJVNdr3.jpg

Whip Spider

NwgSeKO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts