The Mantis Family 2020

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clarissa laying her ooth a few days ago

clarissa-ooth-laying.jpg

Esmeralda didn't like feedig time. When I gave her a grasshopper , she gave me a threat pose:

esmeralda-cranky-1.jpg

I hope that this means she must lay an ooth soon. Her colors on her thorax are good visible now. she is a beautiful mantis

No Ooth from Esmeralda yet, yesterday she grabbed a grasshopper like useal. I hope she is going to lay soon🤔 takes a lot of time now...

Ugh, that is not nice. Think your female used all her energy to lay the 2 ooths

Clarissa stopped laying ooths somhow. Esmeralda must lay one. Have put extra sticks with her.

Here she is enjoying her dinner.

esmeralda-eating-her-dinner.jpg

A little update about my 2 old mantid Girls of should I say grannies.

Clarissa don't want to eat much lately. drinking water or water honey she does. Think she is an elderly mantis. Esmeralda the same. Both I had to handfeed to get some fluids in them. Esmerlada ate a bit of the white goo  of a  roach. clarissa like to drink from a cotton swap. she grabs it with her arms and start drinking it.

they are nearing the end of their lives. there are no new ones yet because I don't want them to get stuck in transit  because of christmas.

clarissa-adult-oud.jpg

Clarissa won't reach christmas. This morning I found her I her home and she stinks. And at this moment she is throwing up fluids and that stinks alot. Poor girl. I can try to give here a drink again, but dont know she will keep it inside...

She is died today. But she had a long good mantis life and gave me some ooths. But their lifes are really short.

Tomorrow i will bury her in my garden.

Latest posts