The Mantis Family 2020

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 A update here. Sheralynn gave  me an ooth  a few  days ago. i wasnt at home  because  got sick. ( brain infrarct ) hubby took care of my mantids. Oscar is missing a few days now.

I hope Osar will  show up in time while i am at home for 2 days. I neeed to go backtor revadatition cener for therapies

i havn't foud Oscar yet🙁 and this afernoon I have to leave  again. 

Here a pic of my old girl. She is still strong for her age.

sheralynn-adult8.jpg

Back at home for weekend... stil no sign of Oscar😔 I think she is dead. The mantids are ok. Sheralynn my good old lady is still  doing fine.

WHAT? I have to be more attentive. Presumably your condition is improved?

Sending care ❤️

-c
Thank you. Slowly recovering. It is weird to learn stuff again what was used to be normal.  i can walk with rollator but still adapting to world outside. I hope i can  be home in a  few weeks. I miss my pets there.

I am back home now and dont need to back for revalidation. i am still nt 100 recovered but i can do things myself. I am happy that i can care for my pets myself again😎

There were 2 surprises waiting for me: sheralynn and Clarissa gave me an ooth.clarissa laid hers in the fake plant and was easy to remove. In de underside of the ooth you see the eggs. It is not fertile because she is not mated. Sheralynn is a strong girl. But she is old, but still stong despite the black spots in her eyes.

Tomorrow I will show pics

thank you😀, glad to be home and be with my mantids again.

Clarissa gave me an second ooth today😎 She laid it on the same spot as the first one, Good I removed the the old ooth.

clarissa-aand-ooth.jpg

Where is the mantis?

sheralynn-hiding.jpg

We had nice weather yesterday and took Sheralynn out for a bit of sun

Mantis love is scary and usually ends without the male but otherwise, yeah, it is nice. 😂 
? You sure? I admit to having very little experience here, I've only ever seen two mantis pairings, but I'm starting to doubt that the female (in European mantises anyway) takes a swipe at the male when she wants the attention and has plenty to eat. I have seen the female try to take a bite when she didn't want to mate though. Are my two experiences a fluke or is that true for the species?

Sad news: my old girl Sheralynn is dying. She reached the end of her life. I found her laying on the ground. I gave her water to drink because we have heat wave here and she accepted that. I am happy that I was at home the last 2 weeks. I could enjoy her being here.

sheralynn-adult9.jpg

Other news is Esmeralda is close to molting. Her wingbuds are swollen. She refused to drink something

I bought her last year Augustus. Think I have her a year now.  she was L5 at the moment. She has given me 7 ooths in her adult life.

Thinking I bought too much grasshoppers now with 2 mouths to feed.

Latest posts