Theopropus elegans

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jasper! yeah female is easily 3 x larger than male, luckily no casualty so far from several pairings. The first female (adult since Jan 21st) finally produced an ooth recently after being mated twice. The ooth resembles a thinner version of orchid ooth but a good size nevertheless.

ooth2.jpg

ooth1.jpg

While taking pic for the ooth, the second female (adult since 26th Jan) is mating with another male :)

mate5.jpg

mate4.jpg

Hopefully i can get a new generation from either one of the three females.

Ha that's right Craig! :lol: I was relief too when i saw him alive hiding behind a leaf the next morning. I have separated them and put the female in her own cage as pic below.

cage1.jpg

Ha that's right Craig! :lol: I was relief too when i saw him alive hiding behind a leaf the next morning. I have separated them and put the female in her own cage as pic below.
cage1.jpg
That's a very nice cage Yen, :eek: , where did you get it and how'd you get the hole and mesh there?

Actually that cage belongs to Dr. Yager, he let me "adopted" some extra mantis recently and sent the cage together with mantids. I have no idea where he gets it from. There is a hole on the lid, and aluminium mesh screen glued to the hole. I am sure in his lab there are plenty of this containers.

My second female deposited a nice shiny ooth today!! Looking forward to see the hatchling. Finger crossed.

ooth5.jpg

ooth3.jpg

I am sure her appetite is back, she can eat a horse :lol:

hopfully this all goes to plan yen..cause if it does the summer time i want to buy an ooth.. ;) this is an amazing species.

Yes finger crossed guys, and if the weather permits. Also hope all the females are still around by then man. Suddenly i feel like i am not very optimistic :unsure:
Aw c'mon Yen, with you they'll probably last a real long while. Don't doubt your awesome mantis raising skills! ;)

Latest posts