Watching..

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure don't. The show is staged and wastes good specimens on primitive gladiatorial style entertainment with little to non educational value.

They do not. I can post an article about the show that proves it.

Good article and I am glad they are foreright in how they do it

but when you think about it we are not much different we feed other bugs to our mantis usually in an enclosed area where the other cannot escape

just my two pennies worth

Good article and I am glad they are foreright in how they do it

but when you think about it we are not much different we feed other bugs to our mantis usually in an enclosed area where the other cannot escape

just my two pennies worth
I appreciate your insight. You are exactly correct it is like us feeding bugs to our mantids. But that is not how they market it. They market it like they are in the wild and encountering each other in far natural combat. That is far from true though. I would not loath this show so much if they did not kill off valuable specimens in unfair fights with horrible commentary in staged situations.What really put me over the edge was when the killed off a beautiful male Choeradodis (at that point in time we were still trying to get the genus in culture).

Gripen I agree they are staged, but it is educational to a certain degree. But in general, yes, all the insects that die are unessecary, especially when an insect much bigger is pitted against a smaller one.

Is the Choeradodis in culture now??

Because that is my dream mantis!

I don't think I have seen this show but going to read the article now.