Yen Saw - (US)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Messaged Yen about some nymphs,and got very fast response.Transaction went smoothly I received some P.wahlbergii nymphs from Yen,and they arrived healthy,alert,and ready to eat.Also got few extra very happy with that would definetly recommend him to others for mantids.Thanks Yen

I recieved some idolomantis today, they are awesome!!!!! Packed great all seem to be doing good. Thsnks so much I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Yen again.

Thank you so much! They are beautiful.

Very professional I ordered a spiny flower mantis ootheca it came fast, and greatly packed. When I had first seen the packaging I had no worries the ootheca would hatch. Few weeks later I had 50 little babies walking around. Very caring answered any questions I had with fast response. I would most definitely recommend. And hope to do business again in the future! Thanks a lot!! Best birthday hatching ever!! XD

I received some spiny flower mantis nymphs from yen, yesterday. They all arrived in good shape! It was a great birthday present!!

I bought a Brunneria Borealis ootheca from Yen Saw and it came in great packaging very professional and he even threw in an extra ootheca free of charge. One of my favorite breeders to buy from. Thanks Yen Saw :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have ordered from Yen twice. Idolos came safe and are thriving! He is a geat seller.. Can't ask for better...Thanks Yen..You are the best!

just received a nice package from yen

i bought a spiny flower pair and got an extra pair and a free ooth

i risked priority shipping and everything still arrived alive and i could not be happier

thanx for getting me back into mantises yen!! :) :clap:

Received a package from Yen. Despite the postal service nearly crushing the box the contents were unhurt thanks to the excellent packaging. Thanks Yen.

Just got my package it it was packaged perfect! He sent me exactly what i ordered :)

He even sent me a free ooth! I don't know what species it is lol

Another great trade from Yen! He sent me way more than I was expecting. :) Thank you, Yen!

Bought a Bactromantis ooth from yen and had a wonderful, first-rate experience! He responded to all my messages quickly and thoroughly; his high quality packaging ought to be the gold standard for the hobby; he's honest, friendly, and fun/interesting to talk to in general; and even though the price of the ooth with shipping was already exceptionally reasonable, he threw in a 2nd little ooth free of charge! :) Will definitely do business with him again (and in fact, I'm trying to buy some more of Yen's ooths now)!

Just to update, my Bactromantis ooth hatched 2 days ago (10/19) and I'm now the excited papa of 30+ teeny, tiny nymphs! I'm going to try to get them to eat for the first time tonight, and yen was kind enough to provide me with good advice on the best way to feed extra, extra small nymphs such as these. THANKS!

As a second update, the free Backtromantis ooth that Yen sent me also just hatched last night (11/1) and I ended up with another 21 tiny nymphs. Additionally, Yen's suggestion of feeding these nymphs Springtails seems to have worked like a charm, as although I haven't seen any of the nymphs from my first Bactromantis hatch eating Springtails, I still have yet to lose a single nymph and I highly doubt they could have survived 12 days without eating a thing, not to mention that they are a visibly larger and more plump than my day old hatchlings. Thanks so much, Yen! :)

Purchased several native species oothe from Yen this week. They were perfectly packed and he even added a free Yersiniops ootheca! He also answered all the questions for me, and shipping was fast. I highly recommend him! Will definitely purchase from him again in the future :)

So I bought several more ooths from yen as mentioned in my previous feedback post, and my second transaction was just as good, if not better, than the first! His shipping was prompt and meticulous; he gave me a great price on the ooths plus shipping (and even threw in a free ooth, in addition to an unadvertised discount!); his communication is fast, friendly, and super detailed/helpful; and he even wrote up a nice tutorial for me on creating artificial diapause conditions and hatching ooths via this method! Overall, it's been a pleasure to do business with Yen, so I hope he continues to offer interesting mantids in the future!

Just to update, after ~2 months of artificial diapause, then 3 more weeks of normal incubation, another one or the ooths I bought from Yen has started to hatch! They're so tiny that it may take another molt before I can positively ID the species, but they are definitely one of the Yersiniops (grasshopper mantids) species--thanks again, Yen!

Excellent person to buy from. I bought an ooth in early Oct. His communication about delaying the shipping until the weather was cooler was very much appreciated.

I recently purchased 2 male P. Paradoxa adults from this excellent seller. Unfortunately, the post office lost them almost immediately. YS kept up prompt communication with me while a case was opened and we tried to find out what happened to them, but after a few days it became apparent that the mantises were MIA probably for good. I was offered both a refund AND a replacement shipment of 2 subadult males, in spite of the fact that it was not YS's fault at all (the mantises were sent out Express Overnight). I accepted the replacements (but a refund to me was unnecessary), which were sent out 2-Day Priority. Again, USPS dropped the ball and instead they took 3 days to arrive, but this time they arrived healthy & active. They are very handsome fellows and I could not be more pleased. YS kept up excellent communication with me during this entire process and I wish everyone who did any kind of selling via internet was this helpful and professional.

On a side note, after this entire transaction took place, USPS finally "found" the original package and sent it, nearly 2 weeks after it was originally brought in. I called them to find out what they had to say and they actually tried to blame YS (which was not surprising to me, since they did the same thing when they lost the package by saying he never brought it in). It kind of blew their argument apart when I told them he had already replaced the ones they killed with their negligence as well as offering a refund. Not many sellers will go above and beyond in such a way when someone else is at fault! I would deal with Yen Saw again without hesitation.

Sometimes USPS drops the ball near Christmas, and what should be 2-day shipping turns into 7 or 8! But Yen packages well, of course. Bought 3 mantids and wound up with 5 that, amazingly, are all perfectly fine now. ^__^