Yen Saw - (US)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some ooths from Yen, and he included an L. minor ooth for free! 1 of the ooths was near it's hatching date and he shipped it in a incubation chamber that worked like a champ. The ooth did hatch during shipment and only a couple causalities out of the countless nymphs that hatched. You can tell how well these ooths were cared for just by the number of nymphs hatched. Will definitely buy from him again! :)

Amazing transaction! Healthy lovely nymphs all lovingly packaged, this is especially wonderful because it's freezing cold outside and the package was delivered to my door! All very healthy and active! A1 seller! Will buy from you again Yen! Thank you!

I got my first mantids from Yen like 9 years ago, and to the best of my knowledge, I never gave him a review!

When I saw Yen was still in the hobby I was happy as heck. This man has amazing mantids and is really a knowledgeable kind person.

I had gotten ghosts, texas unicorns, orchids and more off of him and they all did amazing. All super healthy when they arrived and I remember my one female ghost lived for over a year! Probably to do with the temp in my room at the time I was keeping her, but I was pretty surprised.

Yen is an amazing breeder and all around great guy, buy his mantids! you won't be disappointed.

My recent transaction with Yen was perfect! He waited for better weather to ensure the safety of a Spiny Flower I purchased from him. He threw in a free Bactromantis Mexicanus! I've never had a more "stick"-like Mantis before. The packaging was absolutely perfect and comfy for the mantids. Overall, I was really pleased with everything from him! An awesome experience from, what i'm reading, a very experienced breeder! :) Thanks a bunch, Yen! I look forward to what you have in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some ooths from Yen, and he included an L. minor ooth for free! 1 of the ooths was near it's hatching date and he shipped it in a incubation chamber that worked like a champ. The ooth did hatch during shipment and only a couple causalities out of the countless nymphs that hatched. You can tell how well these ooths were cared for just by the number of nymphs hatched. Will definitely buy from him again! :)
Update! Both ooths hatched! Never doubted thought. ;) Top stuffs by Yen.

Just so my update is clear, the Yeriniops ooth I bought from Yen a while back started hatching this past weekend after a couple months of artificial diapause and 3 weeks of normal incubation. I've now got 18 little Grasshopper mantids and 1 or 2 more seem to pop out every day. If you had any doubts that Yen's ooths from wild caught females weren't going to hatch, you need to think again, as this is now the 3rd ooth I've gotten from him that has hatched as expected! I'm waiting on a couple more, so I'm sure I will have some additional positive updates for you in the near future. Thanks, Yen!

So I bought several more ooths from yen as mentioned in my previous feedback post, and my second transaction was just as good, if not better, than the first! His shipping was prompt and meticulous; he gave me a great price on the ooths plus shipping (and even threw in a free ooth, in addition to an unadvertised discount!); his communication is fast, friendly, and super detailed/helpful; and he even wrote up a nice tutorial for me on creating artificial diapause conditions and hatching ooths via this method! Overall, it's been a pleasure to do business with Yen, so I hope he continues to offer interesting mantids in the future!

Great transaction as always! Received my spiny nymphs plus an extra Polyspilota. All of them arrived happy and healthy. Never hesitate buying from Yen, he's the mantis guru, or should I dare say, the most experienced mantis breeder in the US? :turned:

YENS PACKAGE WAS AMAZING!! it was my FIRST EVER mantis package and I gotta tell ya, it was just super awesome. I didn't know what to expect and tore through everything like it was Christmas. I ordered 10 twig nymphs, he sent me 5 extra, but only 4 didnt make it during shipping. 1 was badly injured, then passed not too long ago. But still, he really just gave me extras and that thought just really blows my mind how people like him are still around in the community. On top of the 5 extra nymphs, he gave me 2 B. Mexicanus nymphs too! i was extremely happy, now that I have 2 species :) Yen is just so wonderful to deal with. He's an amazing guy that will help you any way he can and make sure that your purchase was a splendid one. Did I mention how cheap his prices are?!?!?!? Possibly the best prices out there!! They're super affordable!! You gotta check for yourself *_* He's got so many species with him too. I can't wait to buy A BUNCH MORE from him. Thank you Yen! ♡ 

IMG_1579.JPG

I recently received a package from Yen.  Long story short, Yen is definitely one of the best in the hobby.  After properly unpacking everything and placing them in their new homes, I moonwalked over to my fridge and celebrated with some brew. Two thumbs up for Yen!

Here I am on Page 31 of feedback responses for Yen, just after our most recent transaction. What can I say that has not been said already? Yen is a pillar in the mantis community, year after year. I've done business with him for many years and look forward to another deal as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

I recently did a purchase from yen for the first time.  6 Taumantis sigiana (he generously sent a couple more than ordered).  They arrived in excellent packing and all in good health.  Additionally, his communiques were quick and courteous.  I'd recommend him without hesitation.

Just received a Indian grass mantis from him!!!! Arrived safe and sound,different looking but already loving his little flies and running around my room lol.

Will do buisness with him in near future!! He also sent a ooth of giant African mantis for free!!!!!! Just waiting for babies to hatch!

Thanks YenSaw!!!!!!! Recommend to buy from

Yen... 5 beautiful Gongylus! 

Packed like a pro!

Healthy, safe, & great communication.

Thanks again Yen!

As always, great transaction. He responds to messages and is willing to work with customers. You can always feel safe ordering from Yen, as he clearly cares. Hassle free, no bs, no runaround, and no garbage. You can't go wrong!

Recently purchased some flower mantids off Yen. I must say the packing job he did was impeccable! And the mantids he sent were in phenomenal condition. Not to mention they ate right away and 2 even shed on the trip! Definitely would be a repeat customer! Very satisfied :)