Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O.K. I have a question for you CoD aficionados. Is there a programming language that you can use to modify your view of the game?

After years of gentle urging, Sunny has started using Lua for WoW. This is a supplementary language (i.e. it needs a host program) implemented as a C++ library. Not very powerful, but free and a good intro to C++. Do you guys have anything like that?

In the "eat yr heart out" category, she got an Asus G72 notebook yesterday for her 16th BD. Check it out!

How does the martydom killstreak work? It's supposed to throw a grenade when you die. I push the button when I die but nothing happens.

Of course there is Phil. Provided you're playing on PC, or if you can somehow get your console to read programs on USB with another program (I've been trying to get the Xbox to read my MP4 files -.-, stupid MS only implements WAV, go figure)... Yeatzee and I do not play MW2 on PC. However, modifying view/game/gameplay is easily possible.

BTW Phil, Lua does not need a host program.

It's definitely a standalone language. It's used in the gaming industry ALOT. I believe Far Cry was made w/ it as well as Crysis.

That Asus looks nice and the specs seem great for WoW :lol:

How does the martydom killstreak work? It's supposed to throw a grenade when you die. I push the button when I die but nothing happens.
Its a deathstreak meaning you have to die x (4?) amount of times without killing anyone to use it.... I believe it happens for you but than again I've never used it. In COD4 it was a perk so when ever you die you drop a grenade. It pissed a lot of people off, including me, and was forever marked as the Noob perk ;)

Oh and yeah Phil me and Lemmi play on the almighty Xbox 360 B) :rolleyes: :lol:

Lemmiwinks lets play some games together, we havent done that in a while. Whenever I join your games and say hi you never respond :mellow:

Its a deathstreak meaning you have to die x (4?) amount of times without killing anyone to use it.... I believe it happens for you but than again I've never used it. In COD4 it was a perk so when ever you die you drop a grenade. It pissed a lot of people off, including me, and was forever marked as the Noob perk ;) Oh and yeah Phil me and Lemmi play on the almighty Xbox 360 B) :rolleyes: :lol:

Lemmiwinks lets play some games together, we havent done that in a while. Whenever I join your games and say hi you never respond :mellow:
You join my games...? When?

Rick, you have to die 4 times to use it, and it drops the grenade automatically. Then you only use it once if you get another kill therefore having to get another 4 deaths. Personally I'd rather use painkiller, it's far more nooby and only requires 3 kills.

Of course there is Phil. Provided you're playing on PC, or if you can somehow get your console to read programs on USB with another program (I've been trying to get the Xbox to read my MP4 files -.-, stupid MS only implements WAV, go figure)... Yeatzee and I do not play MW2 on PC. However, modifying view/game/gameplay is easily possible.

BTW Phil, Lua does not need a host program.

It's definitely a standalone language. It's used in the gaming industry ALOT. I believe Far Cry was made w/ it as well as Crysis.

That Asus looks nice and the specs seem great for WoW :lol:

No, not "of course," ;) Were it self evident, I would not have asked! And yes, for developers who wish to incorporate it in their game, it is a rather weak "stand alone" language, but once used in something like WoW or Crysis it is embedded. Always! So I take it that you guys are not doing any programming? I suspect that you are in the majority.

'Stupid" MS's decision not to implement MPEG 4 involves a number of issues, including licensing fees, just how much of an improvement MP4 is over MP3 and Nero's input, but there are enough "expperts" on the forums, each with his own firmly held opinion, that it is hard to get an accurate story even several years after the event.

You join my games...? When?Rick, you have to die 4 times to use it, and it drops the grenade automatically. Then you only use it once if you get another kill therefore having to get another 4 deaths. Personally I'd rather use painkiller, it's far more nooby and only requires 3 kills.
Figured it out last night. Don't really care for it. I couldn't care less about appearing nooby to a bunch of people I don' t know. I will use every advantage I can.

Just thought I would rejuvenate this awesome thread.I'm so close to 4th prestige :D
I'm a one star general. Game sucks much of the time. Far too much lag. I hate emptying an entire mag into a guy just so he can kill me with one shot. Killcam shows I never shot at all. <_<

The other day I was not doing too well in Scrapyard but then I got a decent killstreak. Got a sentry gun and some harriers. Next thing I knew I was in the lead with 1400 pts. All of a sudden my screen when blank and it said there had been a change to my sign on status. ######? I was kicked out.

I'm a one star general. Game sucks much of the time. Far too much lag. I hate emptying an entire mag into a guy just so he can kill me with one shot. Killcam shows I never shot at all. <_< The other day I was not doing too well in Scrapyard but then I got a decent killstreak. Got a sentry gun and some harriers. Next thing I knew I was in the lead with 1400 pts. All of a sudden my screen when blank and it said there had been a change to my sign on status. ######? I was kicked out.
Ugh, bandwidth issue probably. Or lagswitch. Man, that sucks. I hope you don't think the game itself sucks :S.

You are right though. Alot of the online matches do suck. Especially w/ the recent care package glitch. It makes me ridiculously angry to know people have to get kills via carepackage kill rewards. LAME

Ugh, bandwidth issue probably. Or lagswitch. Man, that sucks. I hope you don't think the game itself sucks :S.You are right though. Alot of the online matches do suck. Especially w/ the recent care package glitch. It makes me ridiculously angry to know people have to get kills via carepackage kill rewards. LAME
It is a fun game. It can just be frustrating sometimes. I find if I get on in the morning or not at a peak time it is much better. I heard there was an update download to fix the glitch. I am pretty sure mine downloaded it.

Any other first person shooter games out right now that are good?

Battle field bad company two is coming out in March I believe. Download the demo.... its a lot of fun IMO and I'll probably end up getting it.

Battle field bad company two is coming out in March I believe. Download the demo.... its a lot of fun IMO and I'll probably end up getting it.
I hated the demo, but the graphics are amazing... The mechanics seems to clunky for me. I'll probably buy it anyway though.

It is a fun game. It can just be frustrating sometimes. I find if I get on in the morning or not at a peak time it is much better. I heard there was an update download to fix the glitch. I am pretty sure mine downloaded it. Any other first person shooter games out right now that are good?
Hubby's all time favorite is "Day of Defeat." He plays it all of the time (when he's home).
DoubleFiringGuns.gif

It is a fun game. It can just be frustrating sometimes. I find if I get on in the morning or not at a peak time it is much better. I heard there was an update download to fix the glitch. I am pretty sure mine downloaded it. Any other first person shooter games out right now that are good?
As yeatzee pointed out bad company 2 is good ( you can destroy about any structure and tree and such.)

for the Ps3.. depends if you like sci fi or not. if you do you could try Killzone 2.

Otherwise you can go for bad company 1. old but still fun and pretty cheapish.

Otherwise they're are also some other shooter games you might enjoy. But they're not firt person..

Like Metal gear solid 4 and Uncharted 2.

Any other genres you like?

OMG, Rick, if you are an Xbox 360 fan like the rest of us, are you in luck! Bioshock 2, like its predecessor, is a 1st person shooter and it will be released for our platform on Feb 9th. Pre order it today! Unlike many games in this genre, it embraces True Family Values; Little Sister's eyes will literally light up when she sees you! :D

OMG, Rick, if you are an Xbox 360 fan like the rest of us, are you in luck! Bioshock 2, like its predecessor, is a 1st person shooter and it will be released for our platform on Feb 9th. Pre order it today! Unlike many games in this genre, it embraces True Family Values; Little Sister's eyes will literally light up when she sees you! :D
HAHA! Phil oh Phil... Have you pre-ordered B) ?

Nope. PS3 for me. ;)

I hated the demo, but the graphics are amazing... The mechanics seems to clunky for me. I'll probably buy it anyway though.
Really? Its different but I wouldn't call it clunky. I suggest adjusting the sensitivity and such to your liking. That helped a lot for me.

As for bioshock... I never quite got into that game. Maybe I'll give it another try.... or just let a friend buy the new game and borrow it.

Latest posts