Cameron Highlands/Tapah Hills

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK OK OK I am sorry for what I posted and taken it off!

felt like just wanting to end it all over this but feel much better now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Toxodera denticulata (15 with 20cm of body)but there exists another so large and rare species, paratoxodera cornicollis
"Wow, massaman, did you copy this from a post on phasmes.com: "Toxodera denticulata (15 à 20cm de corps).....seul une poignée d'exemplaires(3 ou 4?) sont capturés chaque année......
crying.gif
.....mais il existe une autre espèce aussi grande et rare,Speudotoxodera sp.?"

If so, the binomial at the end is changed (his is a typo for Pseudotoxodera) and the translation makes more sense if you render "15 a 20cm" as "15 to 20cm" and "mais il existe une autre espece aussi grande et rare" as "but there is another species, equally large and rare..."

I have hit the report button on yr plagiarism in the past. My reports have not always been acted upon, and I have no complaint, since it isn't my call, but this goes beyond theft of other people's ideas and work (and theft is an entirely apropriate term for this kind of behaviour; it is not tolerated even at the H.S. level in the US) and is an outright misrepresentation of the plagiarized writer's words.

In this case, we don't know if you stole from the French phasmid site and botched the translation or whether someone else made this sad attempt without acknowledgment and you ripped that off.

Think about it, massaman, we are all aware of your unique literary style and know that if you write anything with any kind of punctuation aside from an exclamation point at the end, you plagiarized it. Why do you do this?

Oh, and please don't edit yr original post and pretend that there was a URL there all the time, as you have in the past.

lol @ Phil.

"Think about it, massaman, we are all aware of your unique literary style and know that if you write anything with any kind of punctuation aside from an exclamation point at the end, you plagiarized it. Why do you do this?

Oh, and please don't edit yr original post and pretend that there was a URL there all the time, as you have in the past."

Oh, and:

http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?sh...40&start=40 (PhilinYuma 3)

Just in case someone wants the source ;)

maybe I am too lazy to do the right thing and have been told that many times that I am real smart but choose to be lazy to get by I guess!

Are the Toxos still living and if yes: what have you fed to them?
Yeah, we've been feeding them wild-caught butterflies and honey. They're definitely sit-and-wait, not aggressive at all. What's interesting is their method of catching prey is similar to the mantidfly and quite unlike other mantids.

Howdy Shaik, glad to know the tips help, and thanks for the info on Tapah route. The Orang Asli residing along Simpang pulai way appear to be more interested with commercial works like strawberry, tea, and vegi plantations and setting road side stalls selling durian and honey rather than bugs, i must have been there at the wrong season :( . The old route has lot of stomach churning winding road full of dangerous blind spots and landslide issue but the scenery is majestic, did you snap any pic at Iskandar Falls?

Have a safe trip driving back to Singapore (believed you have arrived by this time), and i hope you enjoy Teh Boh from this trip :)

Hey Yen, We just woke up, lol, too tired cause yesterday we got around 13 or so mantis.2 adult male D.lobata, 1 female sub-adult D.lobata, 1 male sub-adult D.lobata

1 L5 female D.desiccata, 1 sub-adult male D.desiccata,

1 pair Acromantis sp (possibly) (oh and they're mating right now lol)

1 male sub-adult T.elegans, 2 female sub-adult T.elegans (WOOO!)

1 pair H.coronatus (WOOO!!!)

1 male Toxodera (different one than we caught the other day)

Pictures will be posted tonight or tomorrow morning, cause we're going food hunting for the mantids.

Anyways, Yen, we used the new Simpang Pulai route, and if not for you my friend, we wouldn't have gotten so many mantids. The information you gave us are all exact. We found mantids on every spot that you stated plus the ones the Aboriginals showed. Thanks very much, more will come soon i hope, wish us luck.

By the way this is khabirun posting, lazy to log out.
Many thanks Yen. You're right about the Orang Asli collecting durians haha. Along the old Tapah route heading to Cameron, there are many villages and at this one area, you can find the bug-hunting Orang Asli. They all seem to be located in that particular village. If you're heading there again, we can give you the exact location. We gave them tips for helping us hunt the mantids because after all it's their main income. You were actually really lucky to have found an Orchid not too deep in the rainforests. We found one female Orchid really deep in the forests about 15 ft above the ground, perching on a particular flower. According to the Orang Asli, T.elegans and H.coronatus will usually be found among these flowers. I'm not sure about the type of the flower but I'll try and find out when I can.

Waddup, we're back in Singapore.

Time for some pics...

2nd Day

A trip to the middle of the rain forest with aboriginals.

oh BTW I'm in the Adidas jacket, sufistic's the one in grey, the other 2 are the aborigines and bonjot (sufistic's wife) is the one taking pictures.

P1040479.jpg

P1040480.jpg

P1040481.jpg

P1040482.jpg

P1040483.jpg

P1040484.jpg

P1040485.jpg

P1040486.jpg

P1040487.jpg

P1040491.jpg

tbc...

cont'd

D.desiccata eating

P1040568.jpg

D.lobata camo pose while bee in forelegs...

P1040569.jpg

Not sure what species this is, looks similar to Citharomantis falcata.

Female

P1040594.jpg

P1040593.jpg

Pair

P1040584.jpg

P1040586.jpg

P1040587.jpg

P1040588.jpg

P1040551.jpg

P1040552.jpg

tbc...

cont'd

P1040555.jpg

T.elegans

P1040541.jpg

P1040542.jpg

P1040543.jpg

P1040544.jpg

P1040572.jpg

P1040573.jpg

P1040577.jpg

That's it for Cameron Highlands pictures.

Next reply is pictures taken few hours ago in Singapore.

These are the total number mantids we got while at Cameron Highlands/Tapah Hills.

H.coronatus

3 adult females

1 adult male

D.lobata

3 adult females

1 sub-adult female

2 adult males

1 sub-adult male

D.desiccata

1 L5 or L6 female (not sure lol)

1 sub-adult male

T.elegans

5 adult females

3 sub-adult females

2 sub-adult males (puny!!)

Mantis that looks like Citharomantis falcata

1 female

1 male

Toxoderas

2 different species of male

1 very cool looking green and goddayum beautiful toxo (probably female) and its probably a nymph, not very sure about this species at all lol.

Oh and the male creobroter and male majangella too, we let them go since we couldn't find their female. but the toxos however we couldn't let it go, cause its just pure gold ;) .

So here are the pics

P1040610.jpg

P1040614.jpg

P1040615.jpg

P1040616.jpg

P1040619.jpg

P1040625.jpg

P1040630.jpg

P1040633.jpg

P1040635.jpg

P1040639.jpg

tbc...

cont'd

last but not least

P1040599.jpg

P1040601.jpg

P1040602.jpg

enjoying the mealworm

P1040606.jpg

P1040607.jpg

P1040608.jpg

P1040609.jpg

P1040603.jpg

P1040604.jpg

P1040605.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]Sorry for the bad pictures, but please enjoy it, thanks.[/SIZE]

just hope you can get some of these into the U.S so they can be put into circulation and enjoyed and raised!

Latest posts