Ian Batten - insectstore.com - (UK)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received 3 ooths of Ian this morning, very fast delivery and answered all my questions, he even threw in a free ooth. Will definitely purchase again, top seller!

I ordered Miomantis adult female x1 and Popa spurca x3 nymphs, all arrived next day and well packed, very good service and I'm sure I'll buy from Ian again! :D - Andrew

just received 2 p wahlbergii from ian today. shipped overseas to the US, took one week and they look like they're doing great! eating right away and very active. would gladly do business again.

Just bought some Hierodula Grandis from Ian- all arrived in perfect condition and literally before I even had time to close down the site from which i ordered them! :)

yay ian! :D

SUPERB Mantids, SUBERB Packaging, Great Bloke to do deal with and although i got a DOA , he had no problems sending a replacement ! will definately be doing business again with this chap ! a top breeder, a top class enthusiast, and he knows what he talks about ! :D

Ian = :D

Received a breeding pair of Orchids Mantids - absolutely beautiful.

The service was first class, both before and after receiving them. Will definitely be doing further business with Ian

Sue

i saw his mantids for sale on ebay, i ordered them and i though he was going to be another middle man selling after buying from another breeder. turns out he isnt. ive spoke to him twice and each time it was a pleasure to talk to. even when i had messed something up he was at hand to help without hesitation nor complaint. the mantids i received were very well packed, alert bright and keen. all the signs of a healthy mantid.

i couldnt stress more what a pleasure it was doing business with him. as a token of appreciation i write this tribute to his work and efforts.

i also have ancountered another guy on ebay who is equally as good if you guys want his ebay name i could give it to you upon request

I recommand this guy because he was always prompt at answering my emails

I got my ghost mantis the other day, nicely packed even though it took a week to get to me (I live in canada) the mantis were alright, really loved the way they were packaged to assure they stay alive.

Ian is very friendy and I would recommand him to anyone.

Sincerly,

JeAn. :wink:

Arrived at 8.20 in the morning , packagin takes around 5 mins to get into ( proves how well it's packaged )... very alert and hyper mantids ! will be doing more business with ian again in the future ! one of the best breeders in the uk ! thanks ian !

Neil

Update : Got Refunded for the Wrong specie sent and for the one that died within 24 hours ! obviously the work of a professinal breeder ! thanks Ian !( again )

The Ghost Mantises i recieved were well packed and in top order. Further orders have already been placed as both contact before and after sales are no problem, plus the fact the individuals supplied look top knotch!

ordered an African from Ian and straight from the parcel it munched down a cricket and went on a little mission in it's new home.

Good stuff, will be ordering again in the future.

I RECEIVED MY OOTH A FEW DAYS AGO IN GOOD CONDITION AND PERFECTLY PACKED. THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS.

REGARDS

O

thanks a lot ian, another great shipment with no casualties. ghosts arrived in great condition, healthy and eating with no problems. ian always sends out your stuff immediately and gets it to you healthy.

look forward to doing more business in future :D

Recieved a lovely mantis from ian this morning, incredably well packed and healthy/happy :)

Pleasure to do buisness with, cheers mate.

Ok, all in all, nice guy, good communication, great packing and delivery- however, HE SENT THE WRONG MANTIDS!

I ordered 10 H.grandis and got 10 of something else... they looked like H.grandis to start but something told me they weren't when I saw wing buds after they reached 1.5 inches. :cry:

anyway, I told Ian and he fed me this line from his website:

Latin names are given to each insect, however, we cannot accept any responsibility for incorrect use of names.
Translation = If you get the wrong bug, too bad

Asked him what he'd do about it and he basically said *tough sh!t* :x

Not very professional, kind of immature and a ruthless businesskid

:arrow: I'LL KEEP U ALL POSTED!!!

ok, in response to Ian's response:

:!: I know this is not an argument forum so I will not say more than this last post on the matter...

I know Ian's a nice guy, not disputing that or anything, on a friend level- well nice bloke, however, it just kinda ruffled my feathers when I told him there had been a 'mix-up', that i had gotten then wrong mantids and he said there was nothing he could/ would do about it.

So, to address each point he replied to:

- Yes you did give me a discount, but at the time you said you had too many, I made an offer, you accepted - so I was helping you :p PLUS you actually sold them on your site for that price anyway later so the discount excuse is kinda void now.

- I do not pretend to be an expert on mantids, a green H.grandis at L3 looks just like a Sphod or any other mantis (shock horror - sorry guys!) - So naturally I had to let them grow. But I DO know the difference between 4 inches and 2... (no rude jokes please...).

- And no, you did not say quote 'tough sh!t' - but you did say that there was nothing you were going to do

So I pose the question to ANYONE here - if you ordera grandis and get a Chinese, or a Gongy and get a Sphod... would you accept the reply that you're stuck with them?!

p.s. sorry ian - but i kinda had my heart set on grandis (consider this a lesson in customer care)

Firstly Jon, yes you have that right, I have stated that if I give a wrong name to a mantis, then I cannot be held repsonsible. So...I state that, then its kinda what I mean. I also gave you a good discount on these, like I do with the majority of the mantids you order from me.

I apologise that I did send the wrong mantids...but at the price I sold them to you, and the amount of time you took to reply that they infact were the wrong species, then it kinda speaks for itself. Also...you recieved 10 healthy mantids, just as you ordered. If you do want to continue, please PM me.

One other thing...I most certainly did not state "tough ", I apologised for the mistake, and gave my reasoning for the situation.

my Sybilla ladies arrived safe and sound , as previous orders from Ian, well packed, well fed,

Thanks

Dean..

I ordered an ooth which arrived exactly on time with the bonus of a second one free. They were excellently packaged and came with great advice. This is the first time I have ordered from Ian, but pretty sure it wont be the last, 1st rate.

Latest posts