mantisplace/Rebecca

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love to give extra flies, I hate throwing them out. You know if regular people, by that I mean non bug people, would send us right to the rubber room, hearing that

we hate wasting flys! LOL

As per the rules Im only allowed one post so all of my other posts were deleted

Im editing this post to keep everything to one post

on may 29th I ordered 500 BB fly pupae

Rebecca emailed asking if it was ok to ship out that thursday (she had other stuff going out) I was fine with that

on Monday I received the package

I could hear the whole package buzzing(have video of unpacking) I then opened up the box in one of my cages to have a ton of flies fly out

the issue im having is I ordered pupae for the ability to store to feed the mantis over the next two weeks (cant do that with flies)

I emailed her just after opening the package to let her know shipping had gone wrong and they all turned to flies

one of her responses I was unable to find I emailed her again a few days later to still no response (later found the email in spam)

i wrote my original post here and she responded I then messaged her on the forum

she will only replace the order if I pay to have them shipped again I feel this is unreasonable for a seller to ask of a customer

a customer should not be responsible for delays in shipping,seller mistakes,DOA,or any other problems that arise before they get the package (I would never ask for a customer to pay for replacements for those reasons)

in the messages she said

I should of got a cold pack or paid for express shipping but on her website I saw no options for a cold pack and the shipping method I chose was feeder insects (no details when choosing) her TOS has nothing about feeder insects,cold packs,or paying to reship when problems arise.

its now been 13days from receiving the package and I see no resolution but me either paying for her to reship(I believe to be unreasonable) or my filing with my bank to dispute the charge (not a route I like to take)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, emailed you three times, first one to ask if you wanted them to go out and u answered yes, (funny you got that email)???

Re: Notificati​on of payment received

Rebecca Salutric <[email protected]>
May 29 (7 days ago)

to chevycamaro13

I have packages going out tomorrow, do u want me to send this one too?

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Island Reptiles via PayPal <[email protected]> wrote:

paypal_logo.gif May 29, 2014 10:45:20 PDT
Transaction ID: 97758405YL5593152

You emailed me about the dead flies, I answered and here it is.:
Notificati​on of payment received
I
Jun 2 (3 days ago)

to Mike

I believe that, that's the chance we take sending over weekend. I don't mine sending again tomorrow if you want
to send shipping. We won't try that again :{

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Mike <[email protected]> wrote:

I got the package today seems just about every one turned to a fly on the way over here

Sent from my iPhone

On May 29, 2014, at 2:28 PM, Rebecca Salutric <[email protected]> wrote:

I have packages going out tomorrow, do u want me to send this one too?

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Island Reptiles via PayPal <[email protected]> wrote:

paypal_logo.gif

you then wrote again saying you had not heard from me:
and my reply was:

Fwd: Notificati​on of payment received

Jun 4 (1 day ago)

to Mike

Mike, I sent this the other day when you wrote, please let me know if you get this.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: Notification of payment received
To: Mike <[email protected]>

I believe that, that's the chance we take sending over weekend. I don't mine sending again tomorrow if you want
to send shipping. We won't try that again :{
AS YOU CAN SEE this was forwarded to you as I was sending you the email showing you I did reply.
Also shipping is up to the seller, everyone knows what a small flat rate box runs, and forum members who just go thru me
pay 5.25 for shipping, ask any of them.

Thanks, Rebecca! I received the pupa last week (very quick shipping) and they have been hatching almost perfectly! :D My mantids are getting plumper by the second. :D

Thanks Ms.Salutric! I got my pupae today. I only order 100 house fly pupae but she was kind enough to throw in bb fly pupae free. Not to mention she was very kind, fast shipping nad great customer service. Whoever says her company is bad is a liar. I will be back to order pretty soon and hope to order from you for years to come :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for the late feedback! The bb and hf pupa arrived safely and quickly, and my mantids have their delicious meals to enjoy. Thanks!

Just got in my bb and HF pupae today.yet another perfect transaction. I highly recommend her for all your mantis needs.always fast shipping,what you want,and well packaged thanks Rebecca.

Apparently I had forgotten to leave feedback for my last transaction. The flies I purchased last month have been perfect - now a month later, they're still hatching! Thanks Rebecca!

Two orders from Rebecca.. great communication.. everything packed well..

I will order again soon...

Thanks..

My latest order of pupae arrived super fast (plus extras) and are hatching a great number of flies for my hungry mantises. Great communication as always.

Received a bunch of pupae. Glad to see they didn't hatch into flies in transit. They're hatching nicely!

Purchased 500 bluebottle pupae and had a first rate experience. Communication was quick and friendly, pupae were well packaged and quickly shipped (none hatched in transit, tho I did pay extra for an insulated box and cold pack), and after setting them out for few days, I ended up with a ton of huge, juicy BBs that my larger mantids love (I should also mention that the hatch rate is exellent, around 95%, in sharp contrast to some fly pupae I recently purchased from another site where almost none hatched at all)! I will definitely be purchasing more from mantisplace in the future--thanks!

Purchased 500 more bluebottle pupae and 500 housefly pupae. They were shipped quickly and packaged well (not to mention that she gave me a shipping discount for being a forum member/supporter). I had a bunch of hungry larger mantids but am now flush with juicy feeder flies, so couldn't be happier--thanks!

Ordered 500 bluebottle fly pupae and 500 bluebottle fly spikes. The pupae are not good and none have hatched. The spikes pupated in transit and are hatching fine.

Sorry Rick, sometimes they need insulation along with the cold pack, spikes do better as they can move around and pupae in the heat. Also remember forum members can have a replacement if they ask and pay shipping, which if order direct thru me is 5.25 SFRB . The site charges 6.50. but forum members can use the 5.25 as long as they leave a note on what they are buying as long as it is just feeder insects such as flys or pupae. I dont mind sending replacements one time only.

Latest posts