Mantisplace

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just recieved some very healthy nymphs from Mantisplace again. Her packing is fantastic. Very fast shipping.

I will be doing bussiness with her again. If you have not bought from Mantisplace yet? I suggest you do! You will not be disapointed.

Thank-you!

Paul

I had ordered a round of ff's, hf's and bb's from Rebecca. She sent the hf's and bb's off first. Because the weather was quite cold she wanted to wait a few days to send the ff's seperatly when it warmed up a little, with out charging me again for shipping! That's what I call service. She's great. I always get good results when working with Mantis Place. Thanks again.

All my orders thus far have been great.... but this latest one im not so sure. I purchased 100 house and bb fly pupae on the 20th and it is now the 28th with the mail coming empty.

Its priority mail, which based off of all past orders has taken no more than 4 days..... and this current order has taken more than 2x that time now. According to tracking it left the PA office on the 27th! So if i understand correctly it went backwards to its neighboring state Pennsylvania than off to California. Fine, but it left their office yesterday meaning with priority mail she had to have shipped it on the 26th worst case scenario 25th. 5/6 days after purchase is not when one should ship the package and my mantids are suffering because of it. I've sent off an email, awaiting response. I will keep this updated.

see below:

Last edited by a moderator:
All my orders thus far have been great.... but this latest one im not so sure. I purchased 100 house and bb fly pupae on the 20th and it is now the 28th with the mail coming empty. Its priority mail, which based off of all past orders has taken no more than 4 days..... and this current order has taken more than 2x that time now. According to tracking it left the PA office on the 27th! So if i understand correctly it went backwards to its neighboring state Pennsylvania than off to California. Fine, but it left their office yesterday meaning with priority mail she had to have shipped it on the 26th worst case scenario 25th. 5/6 days after purchase is not when one should ship the package and my mantids are suffering because of it. I've sent off an email, awaiting response. I will keep this updated.
Yep, Tanner, flights go East from MantisPlace before they come west to us, and if I fly from Yuma to Chicago, I fly west to LA before flying NE to Chi.

You may not be aware that many suppliers of livestock, including feeders, will not ship by Priority later than Wednesday to avoid the package spending an extra day, Sunday, in transit. Rebecca has mentioned on many occasions that her big shipping day is on Monday, and for good reason. I think that you are wise to wait for an answer to yr Email before saying anything more.

All my orders thus far have been great.... but this latest one im not so sure. I purchased 100 house and bb fly pupae on the 20th and it is now the 28th with the mail coming empty. Its priority mail, which based off of all past orders has taken no more than 4 days..... and this current order has taken more than 2x that time now. According to tracking it left the PA office on the 27th! So if i understand correctly it went backwards to its neighboring state Pennsylvania than off to California. Fine, but it left their office yesterday meaning with priority mail she had to have shipped it on the 26th worst case scenario 25th. 5/6 days after purchase is not when one should ship the package and my mantids are suffering because of it. I've sent off an email, awaiting response. I will keep this updated.
Yeah, I e-mailed her about it as I was having the same issue, and its fine dude. Rebecca, as Phil said, ships Monday. And recently she had a late shipment from Chuck (fly pupa). Nonetheless, mine are coming in tomorrow, and I would just like to say thanks Rebecca :) .

Got some great lookin pupae today. Shipping was uber fast. Thanks!

Flag this message<H1 id=message_view_subject>Re: Notification of payment received</H1>Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:49 PMFrom: "silverlinings" <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts To: Hi, wont have puape till next week, I can send spikes though and u just keep them out of cold for four days to let them pupae and then put in fridge and use them that way, up to u?

Yours Truly, Rebecca
04.gif
www.mantisplace.com For really great bug stuff!

--- On Wed, 1/20/10, com <kmt @juno.com> wrote:

mailto:[email protected][email protected]
mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: Notification of payment received
To: "Rebecca Salutric" <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 10:18 AM
#yiv723093150 .SignupLink{color:#084482;}
paypal_logo.gif
Jan 20, 2010 07:17:26 PST
Transaction ID:Hello Rebecca Salutric,
You received a payment of $11.00 USD from K Yates
Thanks for using PayPal. You can now ship any items. To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.
It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Seller Protection - Eligible
Buyer
Kevin Yates
Instructions to merchant
The buyer hasn't entered any instructions.Shipping address - confirmed
Tanner Yates
United States
Shipping details
You haven't added any shipping details.DescriptionUnit priceQtyAmount100 Blue Bottle Fly Pupae
Item# 100BBFlyPMP$3.00 USD1$3.00 USDHouse Fly Pupae
Item# 100HouseFlyPMP$1.50 USD1$1.50 USDUSPS Priority Shipping
Item# USPS PrioriyMP$0.00 USD1$0.00 USDSubtotal$4.50 USDShipping and handling$6.50 USDTotal$11.00 USDPayment$11.00 USDPayment sent to [email protected]
HERE IS OUR EMAILS, I NOTIFIED HIM OF THE SITUTATION THE SAME AFTERNOON I

RECEIVED HIS ORDER, NEVER HEARD BACK FROM HIM ON IT.I WISH PEOPLE WOULD

TRY TO CONTACT THE SELLER BEFORE THEY ISSUED COMPLAINTS.

THIS MAKES THE SELLER LOOK BAD, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT.

Also it does state on my site when I ship, as others have said.

Ha, relax I see the problem its no biggie :)

I have no way of getting on that email (my parents email) and obviously do not own a paypal myself so I did not get that email. I just got my parent to check it and it went in a seperate folder for paypal where I guess they did not notice it. I will PM you my email for future reference :)

Oh and according to your website live shipments send Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday

If for some reason a mantis arrives dead we ask that you send pictures of it with your email.Live shipments ship only on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.

We strive to be fair with all our shipping costs.......
Will PM you so we can get all this sorted, and edit my posts accordingly. Like I said, you've always come through So all in all A+ :lol:

Thanks,

Tanner

:p figures! can't trust them parents! haha, no problem, glad u gave me your email address, and always email me if u gotta use the old folks address and I can email u back, I did delete their personal info on the reply I posted here just for your info! Thanks for replying too!

Got another order from Rebecca and everything was perfect.

She sent me a courtesy email saying she thought there was something she thought I might have ordered incorrectly, and that she would let me return it if I made a mistake...but everything was what I needed. Just wanted to point out the great customer service to do that! :)

Also got my first order of flies (ever from anyone) and they've started eclosing just fine!

I received a batch of BB pupa earlier this week. This is the second time I've gotten flies from Mantisplace, and once again she shipped them out fast and the hatching rate is great. I will definitely be ordering more from her when I need 'em. :)

I've ordered from Rebecca twice now (very soon to be 3.) My first order, I was obviously quite new, as I emailed her before msking the decision on what to buy. I ended up ordering a mel colony, an Orchid mantis, a medium hex house and a spray bottle.

Of course, eveything came in perfect condition, and she even added THREE extra nymphs,all of different breeds.

This second order was also good- I ordered 2 Orchids, 2 Gonatista Grisea, and a ton of sponges and misc housing items, along with a hydei colony and some fruit fly stater. Although the website says Orchid nymphs are still available, it seems they haven't hatched yet. So I asked her to just use the money I paid for shipping and send the part of my order that was ready, and when the Orchids were ready for travel, I would just give her another $25.00. She was kind enough to agree. :)

Everything sans the Orchids arrived on time, but unfortunately the "mystery Mantis" that she adds to every order (one of the best things about ordering from her, in my opinion!) was DOA. I'm guesing perhaps he was getting ready to molt and the delicate handling of our postal workers interrupted the process. It did soften the blow when I saw she had given me 200 housefly pupae as another freebie!

The next day, one of the Grisea's I had gotten was dead, although her sister, housed in the same type of enclosure and fed identical food, seems fine.

Rebacca said she will replace my departed Grisea when the Orchids hatch and are ready to travel. I have a distinct feeling that I will be adding something more to that order (I DID pay shipping, after all! lol) And I will continue to buy from Rebecca. She's a wonderful person, and she obviously cares about the work.

Thanks!!!!!

Ang

This is my second or third order from Rebecca, and as always I am a happy camper. The Deroplatys are the friendliest mantids I have had the good fortune to meet, the Acromantis Farmosa are in excellent condition- the Hydeis and the housefly pupa were perfect. My only problem? I ordered so much I have no idea what some of these mantids are. LOL! Perfect transaction, and the Hibiscus seeds are getting planted this weekend- I'm positively giddy!

I got a package of supplies from Rebecca today, and after thirteen pages of praise, I don't really need to say that everything was fine. Have you noticed, though, that although she uses standard USPS shipping boxes, everything fits in exactly with little, or in this case, no packing? This time, the small extra space in the box was filled by a bag of brewer's yeast which I hadn't ordered; I don't think that it's even listed on her site, plus a cup of fly pupae. But if filling in the extra spots with gifts instead of packing is cheating, it's my kind of cheating! :D

Thanks again, Rebecca!

Latest posts