Mantisplace

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an order of mantises and fruitflies in from Rebecca. I only ordered one long neck. She however added a 2nd long neck and a Acanthops in for free. She would have snuck in two other freebie mantises if I hadn't warned her out of it since I can only handle so many at once. Everyone arrived alive and looking great. Really nice packaging job. She also sent me a ton of house fly and BB pupae for free.

She truly is the best of the best. She takes great care of all her mantises, even the special needs ones and is always so generous with what she ships. :wub:

Just got the "Budwings" from Rebbecca ,Thank you! It was a pleasure.Also a mystery "Acanthrupe" really cool,Thanks again.

????though being new to this hobby the mystery "Mantid" ID please!

Bought 3 mantids, and sundry. Communication was great (I tend to have special needs) and shipping was well done.

Had some trouble at my end because the university mail office apparently isn't impressed by express mail. But that obviousally isn't her fault. Even with the delay that generated everyone appears fine.

hi everyone,

I just recived 3 orders from Rebecca. I also want to make it clear that I live in the NYC area and my temps are not so good for shipping anything at this point in time.

the first one was for an order of houseflys and fruitflys. it came a day late due to no fault of Rebecca's. it was packed up well beyond what normal shipments of insects that I frequently get in. in fact, it was pacted up so well that the tempeture of the feeders was warmer then the tempeture of another shipment of feeders I got the same day, and that other shipment did not arrive a day late, but on time. in other words, Rebecca's shipment was packed so well that even though it arrived a day late and the heat pack was no longer working, it still was WARMER then an other shipment of feeders I got that arrived on time and still had it's heat pack a drop warm and working.

I ship reptiles all the time and know that proper packing is an art and a science. Rebecca is one of the few who know how to do things right. I wish more venders, importers,and hobbyests would understand this.

I also want to say that I can get fruitflys for far cheaper then what Rebecca sells them for. I know many venders and hobbyests who I can order from and have lots of choices. yet let me tell you what I ordered and just what I got...

besides houseflys, I ordered 2 HYDEI tubs. I wanted to use one to help make some cultures and the other one to start feeding off to some of my mantids.

there was so many flys in each container that I made 3 coultures from just one tub and still have so many flys in it that I can use it to feed off for quite a long time. I'm not joking. there are so many flys in each one that I didn't even remove the tape from the second one yet and don't plan on it for at least two weeks...maybe a month.

the point: you get what you pay for. ;)

-----------------------------------------------

the next order was for a ton of mantids and supplys. this was broken up into two orders since it was so huge.

the first one we will talk about is the package with the supplys in it.

I ordered a bunch of tubs, moss, and some shipping suplys. all was high quality, packed well, and arived overnight...regardless that it was shipped 2-3 day priority.

the next order was the mantids.

I ordered 12 Creobroter Gems that also had the b3g2 free option. that's 20 total nymphs. I got 23 or 24 nymphs (lost count as I was having too much fun with them when they arrived). all were alive and well. many of them were still eating when I opened them up. they were about half L1s and half L2s as far as I can tell, and that made me quite happy as I do want L1s regardless that they might not ship well in any weather conditions. they were also packed in an oversize box with insulated cups besides the heatpack that I ordered. thus, regarless that the package had to deal with bad weather on all ends of the ride to my house, it arrived perfectly.

as a shipper of delicate animals I know just how important it is to ship properly. I also know many within my industry that even with 20 years of experiance that still ship the same way they did 20 years ago...and sadly, they still ship poorly. as a result, I deal with just a handful of venders when it comes to live animals and feeders.

I highly recamend Rebecca and mantisplace.com for your order of both mantids and feeders. the quality is above standard and her shipping methods are the best. this is the second time I've delt with her and will be a repeat customer without thinking twice.

thank you Rebecca. once again you have made me quite happy to deal with you and I'm picky of who I deal with.

Harry

Warpdrive Exotics 1-800-934-7110

Last edited by a moderator:
got 5 ghosts, 6 acathops, fly pupae, and a fruit fly culture from rebecca today and i am VERY happy :D

great packing and she was very patient with all of my questions! :lol:

I received a priority package from Rebecca today as I expected from the tracking report. All the mantids I purchased arrived nicely along with another container of FF of three various species. There were three extra living mantids in the group as she threw in two of another species. Unfortunately not all the extra ones made the trip. All in all it is a pleasure doing business with Rebecca. I highly recommend her for things she may have and that you want to acquire. You will find she is a jewel.

Termite48

Rich S

Rebecca is the best. 5 stars :2guns:

Got a ton of shipping supplies and nymph cups from Rebecca, they are all great quality and very handy. I recommend getting these things from her.

Post #355 in Rebecca's thread. Yay, I get a prize!

I just wanted to write a quick feedpack post to express my appreciation for Rebecca as a superfast, reliable shipper of house flies, blue bottle flies, etc. She always gets my order out faster than necessary and our hobby is lucky to have such a committed dealer for these items after so much unreliable service from other suppliers over the years.

Thanks again Rebecca!

I received my package of precious contents (orchid nymphs & Creos), flies and supplies today from Rebecca. It was nicely packed. 11/12 of the nymphs survived the journey. The fruitfly cultures look good and are nicely labeled. Thank you.

Rebecca: It is a breath of fresh air after being inside all winter, dealing with her. I hope to continue in a business relationship and wish her all the success in business as she truly deserves. So far my few dealings have been fair, honest, and perfect in all ways. She is truly an asset to us here in the forum and anyone else who is lucky enough to encounter her in their "life path". Viva la Rebecca!

made a purchase and got a few extras lineola nymphs and was a good transaction and also got a popa spurca ooth a while back that hatched and was a pleasure doing business!

I ordered four Popa spurca nymphs from Rebecca and some BB fly pupa and food from Mantisplace. As usual all was well packed and I received an extra pair of P.spurca. The package was still being warmed from the heat pack and all was as neatly packed as if a class was being instructed on how to do it. I have selected a few people from Mantidforum with whom to deal in this my second attempt to enjoy the hobby and hopefully make a go of it, and Rebecca is surely one of those who remains to be a real asset to anybody especially a newbie like I.

|

Thanks Rebecca,

Rich Sekerman

aka Termite48

Latest posts