Mantisplace

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received 4 chinese nymphs from Becky monday. Lively bunch, hope they grow up to be big and strong.

I just revceivec the male H. membracea that I had coming and three A. formosana. Rebecca does a great job of packing young nymphs, that stands up to the best. I am sure. They were all fine and ready to get fed. Thanks,

Rebecca for your diligence.

Manti-Rich

Just got my first order from the new management at MantisPlace.com. 1000 fly pupa arrived as advertised! Rebacca even threw in a free sample of meal worms that my ant colony should enjoy. Thanks!!

I bought 3 boxer mantids from Rebecca, and I have to say, the purchase was a blast! :lol: I got three perfectly healthy boxer mantises, as well as two free Unicorns! As well as that, they had their own "birth certificates." :lol: Excellent packing and very friendly and fast responses! I have to give her 5 out of 5. :lol:

P.S. I never knew you recieved the goods already from Nick! I'm going to have to buy some supplies really soon.

Rebecca and Mantisplace rock. The three lil ghosts we bought from her arrived quickly and they are all healthy. She also sent us the cup o flies and 500 houseflies that we ordered the same day as the ghosts and sent the flies and the ghosts in the same express shipping pkg, and even threw in a free sample of excelsior! She is an excellent person to deal with and very friendly.

[SIZE=14pt]Highly reccomended!!![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, I did buy again, and got 5 C. Gemmatus nymphs, all the supplies I needed, and some excelsor!!! Nymphs came perfectly healthy and fine!!!! Really recommend Rebecca!!!!! :lol:

I orderd a pair of giant asians. The packaging was solid. The package arrived before noon the next day. I feel confident she did everything possible to get me healthy mantis's.

She even had me call her to talk about them and what I could do to try to help them along. Dedication after the sale is important and causes repeat business. If these dont make it I am certain it will be worked out to get me another set. I will order from her again.

Woot! Just received 3 totally adorable Ghosts from Rebecca today. Now I understand what everyone means by the great packing she does! Everything was packed very cozy for them. Even had a few extra flies in there for a snack. :lol:

I also got a couple of the round nurseries to try the two Chinese oothes I found. Should be great to start with.

I will definitely be ordering from her again.

Now if I can just get my wife to stop killing the bugs around the house I can feed to the little guys...

Everything came on time, fruitfly culture seems to be a different formula than what Nick used so it'll be interesting to compare how it holds out compared to his; also received a bonus back of excelsior!

One small complaint: the chinese mantis ooth (wow those things are big!) came dislodged from the lid during shipping (the twig broke from the hotglue). Not a big deal.

Will do business again, without a doubt... when I get money to buy more mantis stuff, that is!

As some may have seen, I ordered a pair of Asian Mantis from Rebeca (sp) and they arrived quickly and well packaged. For some reason they did not do well in transit and both are now dead.

As soon as I began discussing with her what to do to try to save them she had me call her to talk about it. She gave me some suggestions to try.

Well before I felt they were surely gonners she sent out 2 replacements to me. Well they arrived today, again well packaged, and they were full of life. The female has already eaten 3 crickets in the last 40 mins. the male took some honey from a straw, but appears to be more into exploring my kitchen table. I have put him into a smaller enclosure to see if he will eat for me before I put him into the tank.

Wonderful customer support from himantis and wonderful mantis. Thank you for the new pets Rebecca.

I will definately do more business with her again. Probably as soon as I get an OOTH (which I hope wont be for about a month as I would like to enjoy these)

Hello Rebecca,

very very much Thanks to you ;-)

Your males give me a better chance to breed the Rhombodera´s in Germany.

best regards and Thanks from Germany!

Sascha

Received my first order of feeders and supplies since the transfer of ownership. Same fast, reliable service I came to expect from Nick. Thanks Rebecca!

Bart

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Hello all, As is always the case I was not sure where to post this, so I am putting it here.
I know a lot of you are wondering about my purchase of Mantis Place from Nick Barta so I wanted to let you know what conspired!
:D
Nick called me around the beginning of Oct and said his time constraints were running really low. That in his business he does a lot of traveling and was finding it hard to devote his time between the two as taking care of Mantis of his scale was very time consuming. I agreed it is. He then asked me if I would be interested in Purchasing Mantis Place? I said I would. From there it really is history. We have been dealing with each other for quite a while and he knew I was a reliable Mantis caregiver. I had sold him about 350 ooths a year and he never had a problem with them. Since he was interested in selling nymphs too, I soon began sending them to him. I was also able to buy some of my stock off of him.
Having the web site really means a great deal to me. I had wanted to have one this last year, but I had no intentions of competing with him. After all he was my biggest customer and I never felt it would be right. I have been in business for the last 20 years with my husband and we have an agreement together that we do not try to take over someones territory as it has happened to us and it is not a nice feeling. So when he asked me I was very happy to say yes.
I have enjoyed the forums so much and look forward to giving people the chance to have different species as they are found. There is nothing like looking for something and not finding it. But when you do find it, it is always a joy! I like to spread a little happiness and I know when you find the Mantis you want it makes you happy, at least it does for me. There is too much ugliness in the world and sometimes, inside a very small little cage there is a place we go where we can escape the day to day pressures that we have. The mantis is not just a bug, with it we can see they are Gods creatures too. They get hungry, thirsty, cold, sometimes injured, scared and every now and then, aggressive. Their fun to watch when they are out of their cages, the way they look around and the walking dances they do is always a gas! They tug at my heart when you open their cage and they squat down trying to hide their heads under something cause you scared them by mistake, or when you spray them with water and they for some reason are thirstier today then yesterday and they stick their little heads down to drink, and they make you laugh when you offer them a bug and they throw up their arms and you can just about make out their little screams when they turn and run, and you say laughing "I wouldn't eat it either"!
:lol: Yes, that's why I am into mantis, and that is why I wanted to buy Nicks place when he had to leave, theres a lot of joy in keeping them and a lot left to learn. Thanks for your time, and I will hopefully be able to continue what Nick started!
Rebecca aka Hibiscusmile aka Mantisplace.com

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]PS I got the name Hibiscusmile because thru years of pain due to ruptured disks in my back and the surgeries, one day while driving I seen a huge 10" flower, I was with a girlfriend and she told me it was a Hibiscus flower, it made me smile and I started to order the seeds and now have them everywhere, and still to this day when I awake in the morning and see their big smiling face I smile right back at them.

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Hello all, As is always the case I was not sure where to post this, so I am putting it here.
I know a lot of you are wondering about my purchase of Mantis Place from Nick Barta so I wanted to let you know what conspired!
Nick called me around the beginning of Oct and said his time constraints were running really low. That in his business he does a lot of traveling and was finding it hard to devote his time between the two as taking care of Mantis of his scale was very time consuming. I agreed it is. He then asked me if I would be interested in Purchasing Mantis Place? I said I would. From there it really is history. We have been dealing with each other for quite a while and he knew I was a reliable Mantis caregiver. I had sold him about 350 ooths a year and he never had a problem with them. Since he was interested in selling nymphs too, I soon began sending them to him. I was also able to buy some of my stock off of him.
Having the web site really means a great deal to me. I had wanted to have one this last year, but I had no intentions of competing with him. After all he was my biggest customer and I never felt it would be right. I have been in business for the last 20 years with my husband and we have an agreement together that we do not try to take over someones territory as it has happened to us and it is not a nice feeling. So when he asked me I was very happy to say yes.
I have enjoyed the forums so much and look forward to giving people the chance to have different species as they are found. There is nothing like looking for something and not finding it. But when you do find it, it is always a joy! I like to spread a little happiness and I know when you find the Mantis you want it makes you happy, at least it does for me. There is too much ugliness in the world and sometimes, inside a very small little cage there is a place we go where we can escape the day to day pressures that we have. The mantis is not just a bug, with it we can see they are Gods creatures too. They get hungry, thirsty, cold, sometimes injured, scared and every now and then, aggressive. Their fun to watch when they are out of their cages, the way they look around and the walking dances they do is always a gas! They tug at my heart when you open their cage and they squat down trying to hide their heads under something cause you scared them by mistake, or when you spray them with water and they for some reason are thirstier today then yesterday and they stick their little heads down to drink, and they make you laugh when you offer them a bug and they throw up their arms and you can just about make out their little screams when they turn and run, and you say laughing "I wouldn't eat it either"!
:lol: Yes, that's why I am into mantis, and that is why I wanted to buy Nicks place when he had to leave, theres a lot of joy in keeping them and a lot left to learn. Thanks for your time, and I will hopefully be able to continue what Nick started!

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]PS I got the name Hibiscusmile because thru years of pain due to ruptured disks in my back and the surgeries, one day while driving I seen a huge 10" flower, I was with a girlfriend and she told me it was a Hibiscus flower, it made me smile and I started to order the seeds and now have them everywhere, and still to this day when I awake in the morning and see their big smiling face I smile right back at them.
Rebecca,

Your letter reflects exactly why I wanted to sell Mantisplace to you, you care, and your integrity and customer service are #1. When you receive compliments, it puts a smile on my face! You will do well, and I will be glad I chose the right person to take Mantislace.com to the best darned mantis site and insect supplies site on the web!

You go girl!!

Nick Barta

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

That bought tears to my eyes :(

I purchased a number of mantids from Rebecca and she offered a free ooth as well. Everything arrived alive, and her packaging was excellent.

She shipped them in an insulated box with a heat pack, and the post office damaged the box quite a bit. I was worried after seeing the condition of the styrofoam insulation inside the box, but she packaged the nymphs in styrofoam cups (for more insulation) and taped the cup lids shut. If this hadn't been done, I don't know what would have happened. Some of the cups were deformed and cracked a bit, but all mantids were still contained in the cups, and all was well.

She quickly answered all my questions also.

I would (and will) buy from her again.

Rodney