Parymenopus davisoni

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had issues with 2 L3's in a 32oz cup, but apparently you have. If fed copiously, I feel that is ok, just have to keep an eye on them. BUt you are right, best bet is to seperate if you are uncomfortable.

well one of the survivng nymphs somehow got a fungal infection from the the branch that I had put in the cup and it fell to the bottom of the cup and it was slowly turning brown and died and my remaining one is doing way better and looks like I may have one to enjoy and if it becomes an adult I may have to grovel or beg for its gender match for breeding when it comes to that!

well one of the survivng nymphs somehow got a fungal infection from the the branch that I had put in the cup and it fell to the bottom of the cup and it was slowly turning brown and died and my remaining one is doing way better and looks like I may have one to enjoy and if it becomes an adult I may have to grovel or beg for its gender match for breeding when it comes to that!
Wait what?!!! I sent you five. What happened to the other three?

well wont say anything because I will get chewed out and I will not subject myself to that being I hate being put in the spot and thats

well another thing is I have a one room dormer and I keep my dog with me and live above the garage and the deal with high humidity is that it could be harmful to my dog if the temps are over 90 degrees esp with the humidity and I worried about that my air conditioner would do more harm to the mantis then good and first couple died in a net cage as I have had this happen with other species from people where I get a set number and half of that number or only one survive out of a set and patrickfraser I never said I was going to kill mine or anything and that kind of remark is not really called for and use some respect or something or use your head when you decide to type something please!Of course I never thought of reading up on the care back when I was first wanting this species years ago.The fact is back then there was no info on how to care for them or if there was it was maybe made available over seas on caring for them and hard to find info on how to raise them years ago when just now I found this info being it was made available! I dont know if they will be available again maybe but I am going to try to make my last one last if it kills me but my back may beat me to it atm!

Last edited by a moderator:
I learn new things and if I fail so what I fall down,I get back up and dust myself off and keep trying till I succeed and I never call myself a quitter or a failure unless I say so!

Do you think that its really appropriate to use such a valuable animal to attain that learning curve? Isnt it more responsible to do your homework BEFOREHAND and start out with a more readily available animal with similar care needs(hymenopus) rather than sacrificing one of the rarest mantids in the american hobby?

Calm down take a deep breathe and remember were all friends here? Patrick didn't mean it the way it sounded, he was only trying make a funny I'm sure? ;)

I said it once and will say it again I dont have a sense of humor when its directed at me in any sense and it aggravates me at times to no end and I leave it at that and thats the bottom line!

Hard to do homework when years ago it was not made available to the american public on how to raise this species and I have raised orchids to adults successfully!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting on them to be offered in the classifieds. I promise not to kill mine.
Same i have all the supplies and everything needed. I just got my male and female idolo to adult and have also raised orchids and other exotic species. So excited for them to be for sale!!!

Do you think that its really appropriate to use such a valuable animal to attain that learning curve? Isnt it more responsible to do your homework BEFOREHAND and start out with a more readily available animal with similar care needs(hymenopus) rather than sacrificing one of the rarest mantids in the american hobby?
Please treat him with respect. He has been in this hobby longer than most and is trying his best. Sometimes things don't work out.

I said it once and will say it again I dont have a sense of humor when its directed at me in any sense and it aggravates me at times to no end and I leave it at that and thats the bottom line!

Hard to do homework when years ago it was not made available to the american public on how to raise this species and I have raised orchids to adults successfully!
Hey sorry Paul. I was not looking to bash you or have you bashed. I'm honestly just curious on what happened, and what went wrong for my own personal reference. If you don't want to make that public that's cool. Just PM me. If you raise this last one to adulthood. Shoot me a PM. I will gladly help out. :)

Well guys, i'm waiting for ooth# 5 to hatch. These will all be for sale. I promise! :) I'm not going to lie. I did keep the bulk of these last two ooths for my own future breeding stock.

The ones I was lucky enough to get from Ismart are all doing great, not one death so far in all that he shipped me! Well that is if I can work that in the middle of a forum squabble as it stands?

well the smaller ones died first and seems when they did their legs broke off when they died no idea how that happened never had a nymph lose a bottom leg and die and the next to last had began to turn brown I am guessing fungal infections from the branch I put in I think but the other branch with the other nymph has been debarked!

will contact you if this one makes it to adult and we can work out something hopefully can get it a mate if it makes it and I plan to not have it die on me on my watch!

well I would just ask for one more LOL but prob not cant hurt to sometimes grovel like a peasant sometimes!