Pseudocreobotra ocellata breeding diary

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well like yen said it was looking like shes about to lay and sure enough on 23/12/07 she laid her 2nd ooth..It was about half inch bigger than the 1st one she laid.Now im wondering..i have 50 nympths here.2 more ooths about to hatch and a ooth from yen in the post..hmmm thats alot of nympths..lol i better order 5 cultures and fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
update..

82 hatched..so far 82 are healthy..because this is my 1st time i wanted to split them up and count what happens and when.i feed them all 48hours after hatching..each one has eating the 3 frute flys..im going to count how mnay i loose when they moult..more pics coming in a bit..im off to feed them..see u in a few hours..lmao

2138248936_d14324ee1d_b.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]update[/SIZE]

Click on pics to enlarge

Dec 10th 2007 they 1st mate successfully

Dec 12th 2007 - she lays her 1st ooth

Dec 14th 2007 - they mate again

Dec 23rd 2007 - She lays her 2nd ooth

Dec 27th 2007 - they mate for the 3rd time

Dec 28th 2007 - The mate for the 4th time,then she eats him after me not feeding her enough.He had been adult for months now and only had few more weeks left in him.So i guess it dosnt matter?Hes done what he needs to do.

had 3 deaths so far..here's one eating a fruit fly

click to enlarge

update..82 hatched..so far 82 are healthy..because this is my 1st time i wanted to split them up and count what happens and when.i feed them all 48hours after hatching..each one has eating the 3 frute flys..im going to count how mnay i loose when they moult..more pics coming in a bit..im off to feed them..see u in a few hours..lmao

2138248936_d14324ee1d_b.jpg
Hey MJ, guess those net cages come in handy now that you have loadds of hatchling :) it will take hours if you have to feed them individually all by yourself! I only separate them 2-3 moults before adult. Sometimes i leave them all together until subadult, but not without few loses.

Hey MJ, guess those net cages come in handy now that you have loadds of hatchling :) it will take hours if you have to feed them individually all by yourself! I only separate them 2-3 moults before adult. Sometimes i leave them all together until subadult, but not without few loses.
guees what.i put them all back in the net cages..i didnt have enough cultures but now i do,i got 10 through the post today..i think i gone over board but with your ooths and my ooths thats alot of nympths.i have orderd 2 more net cages fomr mantis place..there going to come in handy..thanks for stoping by yen,

Wow....10 cultures????? I only have 2 hydei and 3 melano.

Even though mine have big tummies that make them hang horizontal, they love eating each other. <_<

Wow....10 cultures????? I only have 2 hydei and 3 melano. Even though mine have big tummies that make them hang horizontal, they love eating each other. <_<
well i have 5 ooths about to hatch so il need the cultures.2 walbergie,2 Pseudocreobotra ocellata and 1 ant mantis..as well as all ready having 80 flowermantis nympths and 20 ant mantis nympths i have alot of workl ahead of me.i would rather have enough then no enough cultures...xmas done me in and i nearly lost aload of nympths cause i ran out of frute flys..thats not happening to me again...i bought 5 wingless and 5 flightless cultures.oh i went over board on the crickets..bought to many..lol house sounds like a zoo..lol i bought silent but they stil make a noise? sqweek sqweek

ok most have shed,iv had about 10 losses throough shedding//i wont know the final numbers untill i seprate them at L3 ..Heres one that just shed to L2

click to enlarge

day 44 the 1st one has hatched.so far only 3 have hatched which i find very strange..why is this>?conditions are perfect.been misting every 2 days.70-75f 24/7...but i only see 3 nymphs.. :eek: :angry: this sucks.

Great Diary MJ makes me jelous

Great species and Awsome pics

thanks for all teaching me as well about this species

i look forward to getting this species soon

;)