• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling my extra gongys!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndyColts

Cheated people out of money
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Dave here.

Just wanted to ask everyone for a favor. I'm currently helping to raise funds for local schools to purchase computers for their students. Our goal is to reach 2k through charitable means of any kind really. Bake sales, lemonade stands, even mantid sales! I'm rather active in these events so I am offering up part of my two species collection of gongys and idolos. My goal is to reach at least $400 to at least buy one computer. I've never sold before and I will still have to set up a paypal but yeah please pm me if you guys are interested in helping. Oh and freebie Hydei fruitfly cultures included with each order of at least $100.

Edit: I posted an ad last night but didn't know I had to introduce myself first. I didn't go into detail much but I think I should be able to generate more interest if I did.

Where is me head today?! I'll have picture up of the idolos in no time. No violins though.

Sizes at L3-L4 idolos; L2-L3 gongy

I have about 20 of each.

IdoloL3.jpg

What cute little guys

IdoloL3_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, and welcome!

Good luck with yr fund raising! You are selling two very desirable species of mantis, but unfortunately no one knows you, and most of us are a luittle reluctant to spend big bucks with someone who has no breeder feedback (Catch 22!).

From whom do you buy yr stock? Anyone breeding and selling these species is likely to be known here.

Nice to offer the M. hydei! Are you still feeding these to yr nymphs?

P.S. If the pix of the gongies are yrs. why no pix of the I. diabolica? I ask this because folks here are very fierce about vendors posting pix of their own stock!

Again, good luck with yr venture!

What I did to get them was a little on the illegal side, let's just put it that way. It took ages and it's not something I want to go through again. Yes you are very correct, I have no feedback as a breeder but we all start somewhere. I did put pictures of my little baby idolos up just now. I didn't want to put my violins pictures up because they (the mantids) are in my little girl's room and she built a fort around it to protect them? It's just too much clutter to move while she's asleep, plus with the screaming "no daddy if it's not food then no you can't move them!!" ...

Yeah, I'm still feeding them hydei just as a snack when I run low on houseflies.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your location? Very important for several reasons.

I just have a couple of each I'm willing to get to $400, so...close!! Do it for the kids!

Each Idolo is $13

Each Gongy is $10 --no one wants these? Poor guys...

I just have a couple of each I'm willing to get to $400, so...close!! Do it for the kids!Each Idolo is $13

Each Gongy is $10 --no one wants these? Poor guys...
I'm interested in the some of both...but since you're new here, I'd like a PM about who you are or maybe for some of your other transactions to complete. And would you take paypal?

Just a quick note to say that his IP checks out good/unique.
hi Peter,

what does that mean? I'm afraid I'm still rather new to the net. Never used it much when I was younger...why do I sound so old??

Anyway Im only about 180 away from my goal so I wanted to say thanks for all those who have helped me greatly bt once again I'm very close and can use a little more help.

Idolos $13

violins $10

thank you all

hi Peter,what does that mean? I'm afraid I'm still rather new to the net. Never used it much when I was younger...why do I sound so old??

Anyway Im only about 180 away from my goal so I wanted to say thanks for all those who have helped me greatly bt once again I'm very close and can use a little more help.

Idolos $13

violins $10

thank you all
He was just saying that there are no indiicators that you may be a fraud. We have had that problem lately when it comes to certain species for sale.

What payment methods do you take?

Thought it'd be a good idea to post this I sent to another member that got a sale going.

Untitled-2.jpg

Sorry, it was taken late at night with a flashlight...

Latest posts