Bugatorium

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for the enclosure instructions. I have been wondering how to make my next enclosure for my mantis. I think I have everything except the hole saw for the drill bit. I think I'm going to try a sharp knife instead and cut a square instead of a circle in the side of the plastic fish bowl. It is a half gallon and i found that a regular large cup top from mcdonalds fits the top perfect. I was wondering if you make a hole on each side of the enclosure for cross ventilation or just one side?

I do just one side, helps to let air in and moisture stays in longer. Be careful with knife, if you can get from dollar store (where I get mine) kitchen shears, they cut thru a lot of plastic and are safer than knife or razor blade.

Fuzz is on left in chicken suit, other is his cousin the cow! tee hee

Elijacousin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • yes he is, that was holloween custome, he is much bigger now, will try to post new ones, am transfering files from old pc to this one, and it is taking forever. Thanks for asking to see him, I love him so!

Though the chicken costume looks more duck like, still cute!!! Hey does fuzzyhead have a favorite mantis??? My neighbor's 2 year old's favorite is sybilla pretiosa, while the middle child's I think is odontomantis sp.

Last edited by a moderator:
not yet! but my other grandson, likes ghost! the grandaughter likes shipping with me, when they are here fri nites into sat, we work in the Bugatorium and they do shipping, lots of fun making boxes and seeing if they remember how to put together the shipping items that are ordered, they make boxes, write the names on them and go around the room looking for the supplies, yep, granny has her little helpers~!

hahaha! i wish i worked in your bugatorium... scratch that "volunteered"...

hahah that would be a dream come true! to bad you live so far away lol

hahaha that would be like winning the lottery and having it rain idolos all in one day!