Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im in love with hardcore once again :D

Its perfect for sniping, which is my favorite thing to do in CODMW2 :)

(also my KD has gone up because of it :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
How good is this game for solo play? Just got a PS3. Not sure how much of online play I would do. I hear too many bad things about it. People cheating, etc.

How good is this game for solo play? Just got a PS3. Not sure how much of online play I would do. I hear too many bad things about it. People cheating, etc.
Well there are 4 dificulties,

on recruit and regular the solo play is like 4-5 hours.

on hardened and veteran 5-7 hours.

Short but very realistic and intense.

it is like a good action movie, adrenaline and some "OMG" moments (like the sight of washington on fire).

When you're done with the campaign you still got 'round 20 special ops missions.

These are based on the key battles from modern warfare 1 & 2.

It's alot of fun collecting all 69 stars from doing these missions.

I'd say it's about THE best FPS in existance along with COD4 modern warfare.

And don't worry, infinity ward got rid of most glitches (like the infamous javelin glitch).

On a side note what do you guys think of the M rating?

When i tried to buy this game at a store called 'game mania' the shopkeeper told me that i wasn't allowed to buy it without an adult for approval...

So i got in an arguement with him and i told that i'm used to play mature games.

But he basically told me to piss off and said all game stores got order from the government to extra controll on this.

Angered i went to the free record shop and i just bought it there without any trouble(^yeah^right^)

On my way to yet another game shiop i had to pass the game mania again, so when i passed by the window i "accidentally" showed a part of MW2 :p

But okay so i started to talk with the shopkeeper keeper from the 3rd game shop i told him what happened and he started to laugh.

He said it was a load of bull.

He explained the M ratings to me. When some guy goes on a shootout on a school they obviously look for something to blame, and when they find a shooter game at his home they are like:

:"a shooter, let's blame it". It turns out, however, that those guys where usually psychos.

Well there are 4 dificulties, on recruit and regular the solo play is like 4-5 hours.

on hardened and veteran 5-7 hours.

Short but very realistic and intense.

it is like a good action movie, adrenaline and some "OMG" moments (like the sight of washington on fire).

When you're done with the campaign you still got 'round 20 special ops missions.

These are based on the key battles from modern warfare 1 & 2.

It's alot of fun collecting all 69 stars from doing these missions.

I'd say it's about THE best FPS in existance.

And don't worry, infinity ward got rid of most glitches (like the infamous javelin glitch).
That sounds pretty good. Never have played a first person shooter that was realistic. No way to replicate actual combat.

That sounds pretty good. Never have played a first person shooter that was realistic. No way to replicate actual combat.
True.. it would suck to play a game where you lose as soon as you catch a bullet tho.

MW2 is as realistic as it gets.

Unlike some other shooters where you can simply stand out in the open and catch 100 bullets without dying.. *ahum* battlefield 2 *ahum*

True.. it would suck to play a game where you lose as soon as you catch a bullet tho.MW2 is as realistic as it gets.

Unlike some other shooters where you can simply stand out in the open and catch 100 bullets without dying.. *ahum* battlefield 2 *ahum*
I was talking about from personal experience. ;) I have heard many times this is as good as it gets as far as games go. Thanks.

Did you guys here about the clitch/cheat/mod on this, with the unlimited ammo on everything? It may just be for the XBox, though.

Rick, if you do want a semi-real shooter, actually a military simulator (as real as it gets, COD MW2 isn't close, it's just fun :p ). Look at ARMA or ARMA 2.

You got any fave weapons yet?

I love the scar-h, AT4, javelin, intervention, SPAS-12, and dual sub machines :p

Somehow i don't get along well with the FAMAS.

Too bad the AA-12 isn't that good. but if they made it like it is in real life it wouldn't be very fair tho...

Rick, if you do want a semi-real shooter, actually a military simulator (as real as it gets, COD MW2 isn't close, it's just fun :p ). Look at ARMA or ARMA 2.
Will check those out as well. Thanks.

You got any fave weapons yet?I love the scar-h, AT4, javelin, intervention, SPAS-12, and dual sub machines :p

Too bad the AA-12 isn't that good. but if they made it like it is in real life it wouldn't be very fair tho...
Javelin is a nice weapon. We put them to great use when I was in the military. The thermals on it are handy. We would use that alone a lot. Hopefully the game gives it justice.

You got any fave weapons yet?I love the scar-h, AT4, javelin, intervention, SPAS-12, and dual sub machines :p

FAMAS, ACR, TAR-21, and Model 1887 are my faves :)

I think the AA-12 is great, it's a one shot kill.

And the UMP .45 and Intervention.

You playing live or?

Will check those out as well. Thanks.Javelin is a nice weapon. We put them to great use when I was in the military. The thermals on it are handy. We would use that alone a lot. Hopefully the game gives it justice.
You get to use it a few times in the campign, lock on and watch the target being vaporized.

On multiplayer it's usefull when you know some guy is camping around a corner, target the javelin on the floor, and the blast will do the the rest.

It's wonderful if you manage to get it flying into a small room with campers... hehe.

FAMAS, ACR, TAR-21, and Model 1887 are my faves :) I think the AA-12 is great, it's a one shot kill.

Yeah.. at point blanc

And the UMP .45 and Intervention.

You playing live or?
Hopefully i get live this holiday..

You get to use it a few times in the campign, lock on and watch the target being vaporized.On multiplayer it's usefull when you know some guy is camping around a corner, target the javelin on the floor, and the blast will do the the rest.

It's wonderful if you manage to get it flying into a small room with campers... hehe.

Hopefully i get live this holiday..
Haha, well it's a shot gun mate. You can't expect it to kill someone half map.

Oh and you can't target the floor idolo. It actually has to have a thermal target to lock onto, otherwise you'll kill yourself. As a matter of fact, unless glitching (cough Yeatzee and me), you probably can't even shoot it without having enough room and a target.

Did you guys here about the clitch/cheat/mod on this, with the unlimited ammo on everything? It may just be for the XBox, though.
OMG dude those matches were insane!!!! I was like, man im going to go try and play some hardcore headquarters and the first match I joined it was like the whole map was exploding around you. Everyone was running around with noob tubes or RPG's and basically all you had to do was tap the trigger as fast as you can and aim. Its so sketchy! :lol: Especially since at first I had NO IDEA what was going on :eek:

Oh, and after that game i backed out and got another 4 games just like the above all in hardcore headquarters! Dude, the AA12 with this glitch is insane! Holy ######!!! The RPG is even cooler because your whole screen is just pure white from all the smoke :lol:

Have you heard about the infinite game glitch? Somehow they make it unlimited time and the game just ends when someone gets a nuke. Now that one was insane (9 vs. 9..... you can imagine all the air strikes, helicopters, etc. :rolleyes: )

Oh and Rick, people find a glitch and use it for a couple days, than it gets patched by IW and its all good again. You can always back out of the game if you come across a rare glitch or w/e. I've only seen a few people run the javelin glitch (other than me and Lemmiwinks for the heck of it :lol: ), only 1 infinite game (i've played something like 72 hours of the this game) and 5 of the infinite ammo glitch and only on one of the most unused game types.

Latest posts